cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Find out how Tiffany, a Customer Experience superstar uses Dropbox to keep her family in the loop when it comes to her new baby here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox app on iPhone plays video audio from the lock screen

Dropbox app on iPhone plays video audio from the lock screen

oblivion_today
New member | Level 2

My iPhone X is completely locked down with virtually no functionality (how I want it). I noticed today that if I am watching a video on the Dropbox app and I locked the screen, I can click the home button or lock button and controls for that video pop up, allowing me to play the audio from the video I had been watching without having to enter the passcode. I have the passcode enabled for my iphone and for Dropbox.

How do I disable this from being available? I am running the current version of IOS and have pretty much every function in the settings turned off or disabled. Any suggestions?

7 Replies 7

Re: Dropbox app on iPhone X plays video audio from the lock screen

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi @oblivion_today, thanks for messaging the Community!

Are the notifications for the Dropbox mobile app disabled?

What happens if you stop the video before locking the phone?

This will help me to assist further!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Dropbox app on iPhone 11 pro max plays video audio from the lock screen

davidlan
Explorer | Level 3

My iPhone 11 Pro Max is completely locked down with virtually no functionality (how I want it). I noticed today that if I am watching a video on the Dropbox app and I locked the screen, I can click the home button or lock button and controls for that video pop up, allowing me to play the audio from the video I had been watching without having to enter the passcode. I have the passcode enabled for my iphone and for Dropbox, and slow battery

P/s More: Thay pin iphone 

Re: Dropbox app on iPhone 11 pro max plays video audio from the lock screen

Lori
Dropboxer

Hey @davidlan, thanks for posting your question here!

Can I ask what version of the Dropbox app you have on your phone, and also the OS you're using? 

Also, when the phone is locked and the video is playing, do you see a preview on the pop-up screen? 

Keep me posted. 

Lori
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Re: Dropbox app on iPhone 11 pro max plays video audio from the lock screen

Rich
Super User II

@davidlan wrote:

I noticed today that if I am watching a video on the Dropbox app and I locked the screen, I can click the home button or lock button and controls for that video pop up, allowing me to play the audio from the video I had been watching without having to enter the passcode.

That's a function of iOS, and not something that Dropbox has control over, so there are no settings to prevent it from happening. It happens with just about any iOS app that plays media.

Dropbox app on iPhone 12 pro max plays video audio from the lock screen

davidlan
Explorer | Level 3

My iPhone 12 Pro Max is completely locked down with virtually no functionality (how I want it). I noticed today that if I am watching a video on the Dropbox app and I locked the screen, I can click the home button or lock button and controls for that video pop up, allowing me to play the audio from the video I had been watching without having to enter the passcode. I have the passcode enabled for my iphone and for Dropbox, and slow battery 

How do I disable this from being available? I am running the current version of IOS and have pretty much every function in the settings turned off or disabled. Any suggestions?

Dropbox app on iPhone 12 pro max plays video audio from the lock screen

davidlan
Explorer | Level 3

My iPhone 11 Pro Max is completely locked down with virtually no functionality (how I want it). I noticed today that if I am watching a video on the Dropbox app and I locked the screen, I can click the home button or lock button and controls for that video pop up, allowing me to play the audio from the video I had been watching without having to enter the passcode. I have the passcode enabled for my iphone and for Dropbox, and slow battery 

Thank www.intru3d.com

Re: Dropbox app on iPhone 12 pro max plays video audio from the lock screen

Rich
Super User II

@davidlan wrote:

How do I disable this from being available?

There is no option to change this behavior as this isn't a Dropbox issue. It's how iOS operates. Every media player I've ever used behaves the same way.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
    davidlan Explorer | Level 3
    Lori Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?