cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox app on mac will not allow me to log in

Dropbox app on mac will not allow me to log in

DB3155
New member | Level 2

I have just updated to the new Mojave 10.14.6. I have installed and deleted the Dropbox app about 15 times in hopes that it will sync. I will then attempt to link the dropbox account and it will commence the process of linking and then just kick me out to set it up again. I have attempted more than 15 times and am very frustrated as my files have not been synced in over 3 days. 

I have also contacted apple to ensure that there is not anything on my computer preventing Dropbox from operating correctly. I do not have any thing that would prevent dropbox to sync. 

I have also emailed the support at dropbox twice and have no response. 

Please help! 

4 Replies 4

Re: Dropbox app on mac will not allow me to log in

Lusil
Dropboxer

Hey there @DB3155

As a first step, could you please check if there's a third party app that could be blocking the startup process? I'd also recommend disabling your antivirus or security program, as well as ensuring that you've configured your firewall to work with Dropbox.

If you're still having trouble with this though, please don't hesitate to nudge me and I'll make sure to get back to you as soon as possible. Thanks!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

DB3155
New member | Level 2

I have done all those items listed, and yet the dropbox app continues to reset it self.

DB3155
New member | Level 2

@Lusil 

I am still having trouble and I have ensured that Dropbox is allowed on both my firewall and approved apps. 

I still need help. 

Lusil
Dropboxer

Thanks for your swift reply, @DB3155.

In order to have a more in-depth look on this, I'd recommend moving this discussion to email due to account-specific info required.

I was able to locate your ticket and can see that you're in touch with a member of my team. I've made sure to pass your comments along to them and as soon as they have more info, they'll get back to you via email. 

Thanks in advance for your patience!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?