cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox app starts but no screen

Dropbox app starts but no screen

Phil-Fisher
Explorer | Level 3

I updated my Mac to Mojave 10.14.5

My Dropbox app was 6.8.9

The app appeared to not start, although it was running in the activities panel.

To make a very long story short I deleated all Dropbox files including library files and installed 76.4.126. the installation appeared to work all the way through accepting my money. However when I started the app "NO SCREEN" no window opened and it didnot show in the task bar. I had previously turned off my Firewall. The Activities Monitor showed the app was running and there had been network activity. Is there no screen for this app, is it managed through the website?

5 Replies 5

Re: Dropbox app starts but no screen

Lusil
Dropboxer
Hey there @Phil-Fisher

Since you mention that you’ve already checked that it’s not your firewall that’s causing this, there is a possibility that a proxy, VPN, security software, or even ISP/router issues restricting traffic to the following Dropbox domains: https://www.dropbox.com/help/security/official-domains

If you check that this is not the case, could you also try rebooting your device? Maybe that will do the trick. 

Let me know of any updates!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Phil-Fisher
Explorer | Level 3

Dropbox was running before Mojave. Read my last sentence. Dropbox is running now on the computer. The activity monitor shows activity for the dropbox app. But I cannot access a window to make changes ie adding devices.

Lusil
Dropboxer
Hey again @Phil-Fisher

Could you please send me a screenshot (without any personal info) of what you’re attempting to access so as to have a better understanding of your concern? Are you having trouble clicking on the Dropbox icon that’s next to your computer’s clock or accessing the website by any chance?

Thanks in advance!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Phil-Fisher
Explorer | Level 3

I think I finally have it going. Initial sync on new devices was rather strange.

Thanks for the help.

I'm done here

Lusil
Dropboxer
Glad to hear that you were able to resolve your concern in the end, @Phil-Fisher

If you have any other questions, don’t hesitate to give us a nudge. In the meantime, have a wonderful day ahead!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?