cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox app won't install

Dropbox app won't install

Rob12
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi,
i've got issue with installation.
I've been trying to install the Dropbox desktop app and I get to a certain point and it gets stuck on a window that says "waiting for Dropbox to installation video" and it's not getting anywhere from there.
Any help?

Thanks

11 Replies 11

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks both for your detailed replies & screenshots, much appreciated!

Seems that you’ve been experiencing a different issue, so each case needs to be treated separately. I’ve made sure to accept Deanso’s last reply as a solution, so that other users check your replies in the future and find this easily. 

• aleincerti Seems that the odd setting” on your Windows pc is the culprit, as changing networks helped you run the application normally. Please keep this thread updated if you experience the same behavior again, so that we narrow down the causes. 

•  Deanso Seems that your OS was preventing the uninstall, due to lack of space on your C:\ drive. I was glad to hear that this workaround fixed the issue for you though :upside_down:
    . For future reference, you could also check this resource on how to uninstall the application manually, which may be useful. 

Please keep us updated here if further assistance is needed! 

Warm regards, 
JaneA

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Sanchez
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Would you mind taking a minute of your time to fill out a survey sharing your experience using our Dropbox Community? You can access the survey here: http://bit.ly/2lNKIxT

Thank you!

Sanchez
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: What do you think about the Community? Fill out our survey here!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Sanchez Dropbox Staff
    Jane Dropbox Staff
    Deanso Helpful | Level 6
    aleincerti Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?