cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox appears twice in the Notification pane in the System Prefs

Dropbox appears twice in the Notification pane in the System Prefs

exa20c1
Helpful | Level 6

Hi,

I just upgraded to Catalina, and Dropbox asked me twice if I allow notifications. So I went into the Notification pane, in the System Prefs, and I seethat Dropbox appears twice (two icons and the same options twice). I would like only one. What to do ? 

Thanks for help

5 Replies 5

Re: Dropbox appears twice in the Notification pane in the System Prefs

Walter
Dropboxer

Hi @exa20c1; happy Friday!

When using macOS, you may notice requests for additional permissions, such as an authorization dialogue box requesting your computer username and password, a request to turn on Accessibility, or a request to turn on Automation.

Authorizing permissions with these dialogue boxes are required by macOS and they allow for the full functionality of our desktop application.

You can find more information about these permissions, including how to enable or disable them, in the following help center article:

https://www.dropbox.com/help/desktop-web/mac-permissions

I hope this helps and please let me know if you have any more questions! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Dropbox for Mac system preferences notification tab?

Nordhus
New member | Level 2

Hi,

I have just install dropbox in Mac OS Big Sur. In the notification tab in system preferences the drop box is listet up twice? Why and how to get rid of on of it? Se screen shot - notification tab.Skjermbilde 2021-03-17 kl. 18.43.04.png

Re: Dropbox for Mac system preferences notification tab?

Lusil
Dropboxer
Hey @Nordhus, thanks for nudging us on the Dropbox Community!

I moved your post here, where another user had a similar query. 

Have a look at what Walter mentions above and let us know if you have any other questions. 

Cheers!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Nordhus
New member | Level 2

But why are the dropbox app icon showing up in the the notification tab in system preferences as if it is two app? Se screenshot and you will understand what I mean. Actual one drop box with notification turn on and one turn off. Are the app installed twice?Skjermbilde 2021-03-17 kl. 18.43.04.png

Lusil
Dropboxer
Both instances are for the desktop app, it's not a separate installation.

Due to the permissions required on Mac devices, each Dropbox instance you see there is for separate functions, such as notifications and banners. 

I understand that this might not be much, but I hope it helps to some extent!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Lusil Dropboxer
    Nordhus New member | Level 2
    Walter Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?