cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox auto syncing from Google Drive

Dropbox auto syncing from Google Drive

New member | Level 2

For some reason Dropbox is syncing with my Google Drive. I don't know why, but I want it to stop without me having to pause it or getting a message saying 'you've run out of space on Dropbox' when I haven't asked it to do this. I've tried finding a solution, and all of them say to go to third-party app settings in either account, but I can't find Dropbox in my Google account, nor Google Drive in Dropbox. I have desktop apps for both, but I don't need them sharing to each other. How do I stop this ASAP?! At the moment I have to have Dropbox sync paused while I try and upload and share something on G Drive. 

1 Reply 1

Re: Dropbox auto syncing from Google Drive

Dropboxer

Hey there @Kayellar, thanks for reaching out to us. 

In general, the Dropbox desktop app syncs all files and folders that are placed inside the Dropbox folder. 

For this reason, could you check the paths that you've selected to sync on your Google Drive? 

Also, could you let me know if you have any symlinks in your Dropbox folder? 

Keep me posted!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?