cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dropbox became very slow and freezes after iOS 12 update

Dropbox became very slow and freezes after iOS 12 update

Marcocap
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
After the update to iOS 12 on my iPhone 7 Dropbox started to behave really bad. It freezes very often, minutes of charging time to just show me a portion of the files in the folder I’m working on. Already deleted the app-restarted the phone-reinstalled the app but nothing has changed. It’s impossible to use it via app. On the seme device I can use it via browser and it works perfectly as in the past.
Could you help me?
45 Replies 45

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Is it just slow or crashing @Marcocap

In any case, could I reach out to you via email to the address you use for your forum's profile so as to have a more in-depth look into this with all of my tools available? 

If you'd like to do this from your end, you can log a ticket with our team and let me know the ticket ID so I can get on it. 

Thanks for your cooperation and patience so far!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Marcocap
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
Hi @Walter it si both slow and crashing.

You can contact me freely at the email I use for the forum profile.

Thank you so much,
Marco

aarondeee
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Problem persists for me too.

Clare H.2
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I am having this problem too, especially since the 12.0.1 update last week. Yes I've cleared my cache, thanks.

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey folks ( @Marcocap@aarondeee & @Clare H.2) - thanks so much for your reports!

I have reached out to you all to the email addresses you use for your forum's profiles so we can take a more in-depth look into this internally with all of our tools available. 

Check your inbox for my message and we'll take it from there.

Thanks again and have a good day!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

ThorstenWolter
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
I have exactly the same issue. After installing 12.01 or deleting the app or log-out / log-in it runs well for a period of time like 1-2 hours of working with Dropbox app - then the problem becomes back. So it has to be something with storage that Dropbox internally consuming and after caches are full or something like that this issue raised again. You can‘t work anymore with Dropbox. Only after killing the process and restart the app the previous action was then will be executed and then it stops again. A lot of hours I spend with this issue but nothing helps. You have to find a solution very fast - i need the Cloud Storage. Otherwise I have to switch to box.com. How you can help me and did you have identified this issue in your lab environment too?

I read about this issue in the internet from different users after using ios12. Thanks.

Clare H.2
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Yeah this is absolutely an app-killer for me, I will have to switch to Google Drive if they don't fix it.

Josi B.
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
I have the same problem on both my iPhones 8 and 6+ on iOS 12.0.1
The app freezes no matter what I’m trying to do on it. And yes I’ve tried all the suggested solutions too :((((

ThorstenWolter
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
I talked to Dropbox team and they known this problem for fixing with next release / patch. Hopefully we don‘t have to wait for this severe 1 issue.

AwpDk
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
Just for reference.... i’m having the same problem.

I can make maybe 2-4 clicks in my iOS dropbox app before it freezes up. I have cleared cache, reinstalled the app. The problem persists. I hope this can get solved soon 🙂
Need more support?