cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox became very slow and freezes after iOS 12 update

Dropbox became very slow and freezes after iOS 12 update

Marcocap
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
After the update to iOS 12 on my iPhone 7 Dropbox started to behave really bad. It freezes very often, minutes of charging time to just show me a portion of the files in the folder I’m working on. Already deleted the app-restarted the phone-reinstalled the app but nothing has changed. It’s impossible to use it via app. On the seme device I can use it via browser and it works perfectly as in the past.
Could you help me?
45 Replies 45

ThorstenWolter
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
We have all exactly the same phenomenon- so dropbox has quickly to react. This is the basic functionality to use Dropbox- unbelievable

Josi B.
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
Hi Jay, by freezing I mean the usual ‘stops responding’ to any and all clicks. Not when it first boots up. Happens mostly when I click on ‘Search your files’ at the top of the Home page, also when trying to change my file order in Files from Name to Modified, for example.
Also it doesn’t finish uploading my photos (yes I stay on that page) and only about the last 40 or so show, all previous ones are blank.
And I’ve done all the suggested fixes. Quite frustrating.

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
I’ve merged your thread here as others have reported the same issue. Please could you contact our support team for that team to investigate this matter further.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

ThorstenWolter
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
Also with the Exl dropbox released buy today the major incident still exist - hang up after a few user actions. Very terrible!!!!!!!

ThorstenWolter
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
Same :((((

aarondeee
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

It was just temporary relief. Problem persists.

tominmt
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I experience the exact problem in Dropbox app.  It seems to have started when iOS 12 was downloaded onto my iPad Mini 4.

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey there fellas!

I just wanted to update you and let you know our team is aware and still working on this, we'll get back to you as soon as we have more information.

Thanks again for flagging this with us in such a timely fashion - most appreciated. 

Cheers! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Josi B.
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
Ok thanks Walter, I hope they hurry up now because this is getting ridiculous, it’s been more than a week.
The iPhone app still doesn’t work on my 8 and my 6+ after trying ALL the suggested fixes.
AND now the app doesn’t work on my iPad Mini Retina 2 either. Also on IOS 12.0.1 and after updating to your latest ipad app version. Pretty fed up.

EricMeisel
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

So this has been a problem since I installed iOS 12.  The app takes forever to load the files on my screen (IPad Pro).  Desktop loading works fine.  Before you ask, please note that I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app many times.  I have logged out, cleared the cache, restarted my device, and logged in again many times over only to have the problem come back almost immediately.  Looking at the other posts on this forum, it looks like it’s an issue with the app.   The app is basically useless at this point and does not work.  While I appreciate all the workarounds and the “push this to clear that so it helps” directions, I really shouldn’t have to do anything except open up the app and it works - especially as I am a subscribing customer.  I have plenty of screenshots if needed but they basically just show “loading”.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

AwpDk Explorer | Level 4
    Walter Dropbox Staff
    DavidZ Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?