cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dropbox can't be uninstalled because some of its plug-ins are in use

Dropbox can't be uninstalled because some of its plug-ins are in use

Colette J.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Which plug-ins????????? I have uninstalled everything I can find but it is still there....

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Robert S.
Super User alumni
Go to solution

Open the Dropbox app and under its setting uncheck enable Finder integration. Then quit the app and try to drag it to the trash.

I cannot say for certain this will work but a few users have reported they had success with this route.

* I would also uncheck "Start Dropbox on system startup", doing this will allow you to log out and back in if the initial uninstall attempt above doesn't work. After the log out and in, you should be able to remove the app with no issue. 

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Dropbox Community here.]

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Richard A.15
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

SAME Problem!!!! I want this dropbox OFF my iMac!!! Every time I try to drag to trash or I right click and select move to trash I get the error....
The item “Dropbox” can’t be moved to the Trash because some of its plugins are in use.

Somebody out there , please help

Michael L.28
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

To solve, go to the finder --> applications --> utilities folder --> activity monitor --> search dropbox & force quit anything that comes up in the list. Try deleting Dropbox after this. Should solve your problem.

Richard A.15
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Thanks Michael 🙂

Heidi S.5
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I deleted everything there, but still get the same warning. "some of it's plugins are in use.

Robert S.
Super User alumni
Go to solution

Open the Dropbox app and under its setting uncheck enable Finder integration. Then quit the app and try to drag it to the trash.

I cannot say for certain this will work but a few users have reported they had success with this route.

* I would also uncheck "Start Dropbox on system startup", doing this will allow you to log out and back in if the initial uninstall attempt above doesn't work. After the log out and in, you should be able to remove the app with no issue. 

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Dropbox Community here.]

Need more support?