cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox can't establish a secure connection.

Dropbox can't establish a secure connection.

rmfh
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Dropbox was working fine on my MACs (high serria)

now they all say can't establish a secure conection. I have switched off my firewalll and Antivirus still get error.

I have now unistalled dropbox dowloaded the lastest and it fails to install with a no internet connection error.

Any ideas?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

rmfh
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi,

I upgraded my dropbox to version 52.4.6 and changed the version of my anti-virus and changed my Plusnet DNS server.

Now all seems well.

Need all three as no one of the changes worked in itself. Tested on two MACs both High serria.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

rmfh
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
I've also checked my proxy settings.

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
Checked the time on the computer?

If so have you looked at https://www.dropbox.com/help/desktop-web/cant-establish-secure-connection ?

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

rmfh
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Checked all those settings are correct. must be somthing else.

I have already checked with the Antivirus and my ISP both say its not them. 😞

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @rmfh

Have you by any chance tried rebooting the router or re-installing the Dropbox desktop application with the offline installer? Maybe that will do the trick. 

If the issue persists, can you provide us with a screenshot of the error so as to have a better understanding of the situation?

Thanks in advance! :upside_down:

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

rmfh
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi,

I upgraded my dropbox to version 52.4.6 and changed the version of my anti-virus and changed my Plusnet DNS server.

Now all seems well.

Need all three as no one of the changes worked in itself. Tested on two MACs both High serria.

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Thanks for keeping me in the loop, @rmfh!

If you have any more questions, don’t hesitate to let us know and we’ll make sure to get back to you as soon as possible. In the mean time, have a wonderful day ahead! :sunglasses:

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

DavidBTeag3_142
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

W7, 64bit, Home Premium. Updated to 57. 4.89.0, with off line installer, rebooted, restarted. still no sync "can't est. secure connection."
Then stopped and restarted dropbox, no sync. Now what?

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi there, @DavidBTeag3_142, sorry to hear about this. 

Initially, thank you for carrying out the steps you mention in order to troubleshoot on the matter. 

In order to further investigate, I’d kindly recommend to continue this discussion via email. For this reason, I was able to locate you open request from my end, and I can see that it's under review by a specialized member of my team. 

I’ve passed your comments along to them and as soon as they have more info on the matter, they will get back to you via email. Rest assured they will do their best to assist you. :slight_smile:

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Lusil Dropbox Staff
    DavidBTeag3_142 New member | Level 2
    rmfh New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?