Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Dropbox cloud service setup using recaptcha does not work in Enpass App

Explorer | Level 4

I was not sure where to post this problem that I am having.  I have also contacted Enpass.io about this issue but I think this is a Dropbox issue, not Enpass because that app actually loads the Dropbox authentication webpage within it's application so I'm pretty sure this will require Dropbox's tech support to resolve.  I have been using the Enpass app on all of my Windows phones for over a year with no prpblems.  I recently purchased an HP Elite X3 mobile phone and installed Enpass on it last night.  I selected Dropbox as the cloud service for storage of my password file data and the app displayed a login webpage generated by Dropbox's cloud service.  That webpage lists that recaptcha is the auth service that is used.  I entered my login credentials on the page and tapped on the login button and the page just displays a loading icon but nothing else happens after that.  I literally left my phone on that page all night and it never finished the login.  This morning, I tried several more times but it never loads.  When I press the BACK button on my phone, i receive the message "Not able to connect to Dropbox. Please check Internet connectivity." My internet connection is perfectly fine and I even have the Dropbox mobile app installed and logged in on my phone so I really need help troubleshooting this problem.  I tested two of the other cloud services from within the app and they both work fine (Box.net and OneDrive).  Once again, I have posted this problem in the Enpass forum, as well.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Dropbox cloud service setup using recaptcha does not work in Enpass App

Super User II
Super User II
Even if this is a Dropbox issue, you'll need to contact Enpass to resolve it. Dropbox cannot provide support for third-party applications. If there is a problem between Enpass and Dropbox, then the developers of Enpass will need to work with Dropbox to resolve it.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey @LA6507 - welcome to the Dropbox Community!

From what I understand, it looks like you’re having an issue with a third party application when trying to connect with Dropbox.

As rich suggested, the best way to get this resolved would be to reach out to the support organization for Enpass for help. If the developers of Enpass are having any trouble with the Dropbox API itself during the authorization process, they can reach out to our developer support directly with the relevant technical details. 

I am also consulting with an expert of my team on this and I'll make sure to keep you posted. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

4 Replies 4
Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II
Even if this is a Dropbox issue, you'll need to contact Enpass to resolve it. Dropbox cannot provide support for third-party applications. If there is a problem between Enpass and Dropbox, then the developers of Enpass will need to work with Dropbox to resolve it.

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey @LA6507 - welcome to the Dropbox Community!

From what I understand, it looks like you’re having an issue with a third party application when trying to connect with Dropbox.

As rich suggested, the best way to get this resolved would be to reach out to the support organization for Enpass for help. If the developers of Enpass are having any trouble with the Dropbox API itself during the authorization process, they can reach out to our developer support directly with the relevant technical details. 

I am also consulting with an expert of my team on this and I'll make sure to keep you posted. 

Walter

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey @LA6507 - did you get the chance to contact Enpass's developers about this?

After a short investigation, I was able to see that the Enpass's team is already working on it so I would suggest keeping an eye on their forum for direct updates on this. 

I hope this information helps in a way and I remain at your disposal. If there's anything else I can do, please let me know. 

Walter

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4
Hello Walt3r:
I contacted Enpass's customer service and posted this same question in their forum prior to posting in the Dropbox forum several days ago. They contacted me a few hours after letting me know that they tested the issue and certified that it is in fact an issue and that they were going to work on it and notify me as to status updates from within the forum. Thank you for the follow-up.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?