cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox conflicting with Anti virus (Norton/Sophos)

Dropbox conflicting with Anti virus (Norton/Sophos)

UR1ofTHEM
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Norton Firewall Alert: "Dropbox 49.4.69 does not have a valid digital signature."

Can someone please help with this? I don't understand what's going on.

26 Replies 26

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey there @RichMath - apologies for the tardy response; are you still seeing this warning when using our latest stable build (50.4.71 at the moment)? 

I am just writing to let you know that our engineers have been informed accordingly and working actively towards a fix. You can see more about this currently Known Issue on this page.  

Thanks for reporting this and have a wonderful week ahead Rich! 

[EDIT: I have moved your query to an already existing thread that discusses the same issue. You can see the original post here. ]

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

pugnut
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi.

Receiving a notification saying DropboxClient_52.4.58 does not have a valid digital signature. What does this mean?

Thanks. 

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey pugnutthanks for posting this inquiry here!

You may keep in mind that I've moved your post under this discussion, as other users have reported the same behavior & we're trying to keep things neat as much as possible. Since our team is currently aware of this issue & working on a solution, I'd advise checking back again for any updates.

I hope that this is helpful to you. Enjoy the rest of your day!

Jane
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Lucio
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Users that reported this issue through support tickets have mentioned that after reinstalling the latest versions of their antivirus, as well as the Dropbox desktop application, the message doesn't appear anymore and the issue is resolved.

Please try with this and let us know if it's not the case for you. Please also let us know what are the versions you're using.

Thanks!

Positive vibe!

davidonelson
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Norton reports the same issue for me just now:  Dropbox 53.4.67 installer does not have a valid signature.  So the problem continues.

rpj
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I too am getting this error from Norton.

BillH
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I just got the same warning for Dropbox 55.4.171.  I am completely up to date with my Norton Antivirus, live update shows no updates available.  Since this has been going on a long time it seems that the problem may be with Dropbox not with Norton.  Any ideas how to fix this problem?

Thanks,

Bill

Purplexed
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I'm getting "Dropbox 55.4.171 installer does not have a valid digital signature" message from Norton too.  This looks like its been ongong for months now and still continues with new installers as they come out.  It also says that the 55.4.171 installer has fewer than 5 users in the Norton Community and that the file was released less than a week ago.  What gives?

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey Folks,

For all of you affected by this, just wanted you to know that we're investigating this. I'll make sure to let you know more about this as soon as I have an update.

Thank you for your patience!

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

BillH
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

@Walter

Any progress on this one?

Thanks,

Bill

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropbox Staff