cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about apps and Dropbox integrations to make working from home easy here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox crashes my Mac at startup - duplicate DB actions need to be quit in Activity Monitor

Dropbox crashes my Mac at startup - duplicate DB actions need to be quit in Activity Monitor

CaptureF
Explorer | Level 3

I am having a consistent issue with dropbox causing my mac to crash and dropbox won't sync. It opens the software at least 2 times in the background. The screen grab from the Activity monitor shows the duplicate action (no dropbox logo). When I force delete of this action (with no logo) the Mac behaves properly and Dropbox can start syncing again and I have no more crashing. I have to do this most days after start up.

Screenshot 2019-10-03 at 08.59.39.png

1 Reply 1

Re: Dropbox crashes my Mac at startup - duplicate DB actions need to be quit in Activity Monitor

Walter
Dropboxer

Hello @CaptureF - welcome to the Community!

At first, thanks for providing a screenshot along with your report - it definitely helps!

Could you try to re-install our desktop app on the affected device as a first step here?

If the issue persists, please let me know if you'd like me to reach out using the email address that's associated with your Community's profile so we can work on it together.

Thanks!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?