cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox crashes with Event Log Error

Dropbox crashes with Event Log Error

festus
Helpful | Level 5

After years of working flawlessly, Dropbox client running on Windows Server 2008R2 crashes without any visible error message. It does leave errors in the Event Log though. They are as follows:

Filter Unload failed with: (-2145452013) The system could not find the filter specified. 

Failed to connect to the driver: (-2147024894) The system cannot find the file specified. 

How does the man resolve this error so as to prevent the crashes?

10 Replies 10

Re: Dropbox crashes with Event Log Error

festus
Helpful | Level 5
I forgot to introduce myself.

Hello, my name is Festus.

Vicky
Dropboxer
Hi there,

Can you please tell us the version of Dropbox that you're currently using?

Thanks,
Vicky

Did you find my post helpful? If it answers your question, please mark 'Accept as Solution" below so other users can find it quickly! 🙂

festus
Helpful | Level 5

Hovering the mouse over the tray icon says, "Dropbox 14.4.19"

Mark
Super User II
Please note that technically Server 2008 is not supported Festus (and actually never has, if it did work you were just lucky).

Here are the minimum requirements for Dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/help/3

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

festus
Helpful | Level 5

It's truly fascinating to learn that the only reason the app has been working flawlessly for the last four years across a variety of Windows server machines was due to nothing more than pure luck. Who would've guessed?

Mark
Super User II
Sort of.... Windows XP was removed recently from supported OS's and this seems to have had the knock on effect that other OS's that were technically not supported (but very similar in architecture to XP etc.) also stopped working.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Garrett
Helpful | Level 6

I have Windows 10. These errors have been showing up for at least a week. Minimum requirements are not the issue. 

Thoughts about the errors?

festus
Helpful | Level 5

Yeah, it's most certainly not the OS. Quality just seems to have degraded significantly with the last update. I've been reading similar complaints from others online. Guess we just need to wait for a fix.

yanlare
Helpful | Level 5

I re-installed Dropbox 13.4.21 and desactivated all automatic updates.
The error event Id.320 still happens on boot "Failed to connect to the driver: (-2147024894)" but i can use Dropbox.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

festus Helpful | Level 5
    yanlare Helpful | Level 5
    Garrett Helpful | Level 6
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?