cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox crashing after new Win10 update

Dropbox crashing after new Win10 update

virereest
New member | Level 2

I have tha same issue on 2 PCs. After new Win10 update dropbox app crashing after 10 seconds work. It message that the app is suddenly close. Restart the program doesn't help.

I tried to update dropbox with latest version and than reinstall, but it didn't help.

The first PC with Win10 home edition and the second Win10 Pro. Updated with version 1903

Are anyone have the same? 

Maybe it can be connected with my dropbox account?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Dropbox crashing after new Win10 update

virereest
New member | Level 2

Hi, @Walter. I resolve my problem. After uninstall the app, I deleted folder C/users/name/dropbox with all files. And then when I install dropbox again I choose partial synchronization. So I found that matlab saved files crash dropbox. Now I deleted some files and all is ok.

Thank you for help!

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Walter
Dropboxer

Hey there @virereest - I'm sorry to hear about your computers' crashes; let's have a look now!

At first, could you please try re-installing our desktop application using the offline installer of our latest stable version (found in the link below) and let me know if you're still experiencing the crashes you mentioned?

https://www.dropbox.com/downloading?build=79.4.143&plat=win&type=full

Let me know how this goes and we'll take it from there! 

PS: If you're still having this issue, a screenshot depicting the status of the app as shown in your computer's system tray would be much appreciated. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

virereest
New member | Level 2

I reinstalled the app with your link. App is still crash.

Here is moment before crash. In moment, when message is changing from "Starting" to "Synchronization" tray icon dissapear. And then shows message on the second picture. When I try to restart the app it comes again.

P.S. Text on screenshots at Russian language. Message says that files in save and restart the app to restore synchronization.

issue2.jpgissue1.jpg

Walter
Dropboxer

Thanks for the screenshots @virereest - how are you today?

At this point, I'd suggest a clean, advanced re-install following the steps outlined below:

https://help.dropbox.com/installs-integrations/desktop/advanced-reinstall\

If you get the same error after doing this, please let me know! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

virereest
New member | Level 2

Hi, @Walter. I resolve my problem. After uninstall the app, I deleted folder C/users/name/dropbox with all files. And then when I install dropbox again I choose partial synchronization. So I found that matlab saved files crash dropbox. Now I deleted some files and all is ok.

Thank you for help!

View solution in original post

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?