cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox crashing on Android

Dropbox crashing on Android

R2more
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

For about a week now, Dropbox is crashing on my Android 5.1 phone (Kernel 3.10.65+).  Latest version of Dropbox I have installed is v.114.2.12 

I cleared app and phone cache, uninstalled, reinstalled, restarted, and still it doesn't work. 

It looks like it works on restart but when I try to access any files, it kicks me out of the app and to my home screen.

I noticed that the app is still running in the background, but every time I put focus on it; it kicks me out to home screen again.

38 Replies 38

mcharlie
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

thanks

carlo

Ihor
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
I have the same issue with drobox v.114.2.12 and v.116.2.4. I'm using Android v5.1, OS name is Flyme 6.2.0.0G

Ihor
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Btw, issue isn't reproducible for me in v112.2.8

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

I appreciate it that you've tried to work on that on your own @Ihor & thanks a lot for pinging me here on the matter. I’ve already created a ticket on your behalf on our system, in order to gather all relevant info. Once you reply to me, I’ll make sure to follow-up with you asap. Thanks again for your report & I'll be awaiting your next email!  

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

anaknezevic
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

After two last updates, I was not able to access the app on my android at all. When I try to access it, it crashes and exits the app. This is so frustrating and I thought that after the last update it will be fixed, but I still have the same problem.

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey there @anaknezevic - sorry to hear that!

I have moved your post here to keep things neat since we had some similar reports recently. 

Could you please confirm that the issue persists after clearing the cache on your app and then signing out and back into your Dropbox account? To do this:

- Tap the menu icon in the upper-left corner of the screen 
- Select "Settings"
- Select “Clear Cache” 

Once this is done then please ensure you log out of the Dropbox application, then restart your device and log back in again.

Should the issue persist please let me know and I will reach out to you via email directly so we can work on this together with all our tools available. 

Thanks in advance for your response. 

PS: If you'd like to do this from your end, log a ticket with our team and let me know the ticket ID so I can locate it on our system. 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

anaknezevic
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

The problem is, I can't access the app in order to be able to log out! I've cleared the cache, but still...

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for the swift response and sorry to hear this persists @anaknezevic!

As I'd like to look into this internally, I went ahead and sent you an email to the address you use for your forum's profile. Check your inbox for my message and we'll take it from there Ana.

Thanks again and until we speak again have a lovely day. 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Alerod
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Muy Dropbox app forma Android keeps crashing al the time. It gets closed a few seconds after I open it. I hace tried to uninstall and install again. It did not help.

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey there @Alerod - I moved your post here since we're getting such reports from some users lately and wanted to keep things neat and under one thread. 

Can you please let me know if I may reach out directly to the email address you use for your forum's profile so we can have a more in depth look together with all of our tools available? 

Let me know and we'll take it from there. 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jane Dropbox Staff
    JKhalifa Explorer | Level 4
    ikopach New member | Level 2
    hannns66 Helpful | Level 5
    Walter Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?