Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Dropbox creating duplicate folders for EDD plugin uploads

Explorer | Level 3

I've read the posts about Dropbox creating duplicte files and folders while syncing but they do not address my problem.

I am NOT syncing my computer or website.

I am using the Easy Digital Downloads Dropbox plugin to individually upload files to specific folders on Dropbox - these can then be accessed via an email link sent out by EDD.

Dropbox has created a duplicate folder for every folder I've created and my attempts to delete the duplicate has broken the link so that downloads no longer work. 

I have no idea which folder name is the "correct" folder  (eg. /MAN UP or /MANUP) so all uploads have had to stop.  

An explanation of why this is happening and any suggestions on how to stop this are very welcome.  Thanks

4 Replies 4
Highlighted

Re: Dropbox creating duplicate folders for EDD plugin uploads

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey @life_afloat, I hope you had a good weekend!

So I can have a better understanding of your workflow, can you let me know the steps you used to set this up?

For example, are you creating the folder in Dropbox and then using the plugin to add files to the folder? Is that when you see the duplicate folder added to your account?

If you check the version history of one of the files within each of the "MAN UP" folders, where do you see the file being added from?

Keep me posted on your findings!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Hi Daphne, apologies for the delay - I mistakenly tried sneding a reply to the email address.  Here's my original reply - still stuck.

Daphne,

thanks for your message and help.

Here 's a screenshot of the activity history.  You can see (on the right) I created a new folder called FordUPkeep directly on the Dropbox site, and then uploaded a file to that folder using the EDD plugin.  However, on the left, you can see Dropbox has created TWO folders FordUPkeep and Ford UP keep. This has happened to every single folder I've created.

totally baffled.
Den
Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II

@life_afloat wrote:
... I created a new folder called FordUPkeep directly on the Dropbox site, and then uploaded a file to that folder using the EDD plugin.  However, on the left, you can see Dropbox has created TWO folders FordUPkeep and Ford UP keep.

And the duplicate didn't get created until you uploaded the file, correct?

This won't be Dropbox creating the duplicate. Dropbox isn't capable of such without being told to. It would be coming from the plugin and the commands that it's sending through the Dropbox API.

You'll want to reach out to the developer of the plugin. Dropbox provides the API for third-party developers to use in their utilities, but they cannot provide support for such utilities. Only the developers can.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Thank you, I'll double check with the developer. 

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?