cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know all about tools for creatives that work seamlessly with Dropbox, like Adobe? Well, check it out right here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox desktop (Windows 10) won't sync while connected to my Cable ISP but will on Verizon hotspot

Dropbox desktop (Windows 10) won't sync while connected to my Cable ISP but will on Verizon hotspot

robp
New member | Level 2

Dropbox desktop v121.4.4267 (Windows 10) won't sync while connected to my Cable ISP.  This started on Friday (4/23)  I've isolated it. 

All from one Windows 10 machine.

When connected to my cable ISP I get "waiting to sync".  I've also bypassed my router and connected directly to my ISP modem via an ethernet cable.  Same "wating to sync".

If I switch my connection to use my phone as a hotspot (Verizon) it will sync.

I've checked with my isp and they are clueless. 

Are there specific ip address associated with the desktop sync that I could ping to trouble shoot?  I'm trying to determine if they are blocking something.

Thanks.

1 Reply 1

Re: Dropbox desktop (Windows 10) won't sync while connected to my Cable ISP but will on Verizon hots

Rich
Super User II

@robp wrote:

Are there specific ip address associated with the desktop sync that I could ping to trouble shoot?  I'm trying to determine if they are blocking something.

There are no published IP addresses, but you can find a list of the domain names used by the service in the following help article:

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?