cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox desktop app is corrupted

Dropbox desktop app is corrupted

Jorge_Oliveira
Explorer | Level 3

Jorge_Oliveira_0-1643050348702.png

Hi, everybody:
The message above is what I get when I try to start the Dropbox desktop application on my Windows 10. The message is in Portuguese but it says, essentially, "Dropbox.exe - Invalid Image" and proceeds saying that the .dll file is corrupted.  As a result I no longer can collect links of my Dropbox files to share them.  I'm, also, unable to uninstall the application.  Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Jorge

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Dropbox desktop app is corrupted

Mark
Super User II

Could you try a https://help.dropbox.com/installs-integrations/desktop/advanced-reinstall please @Jorge_Oliveira ?

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Mark
Super User II

Could you try a https://help.dropbox.com/installs-integrations/desktop/advanced-reinstall please @Jorge_Oliveira ?

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

leetielovendale
New member | Level 2

I am having the same issue with 2 desktops in my office - both Macs running on different OS. One is very old & one is new. I've tried re-installying Dropox, re-installing Chrome, deleting cookies & cache. I just did this advanced re-installed recommended with no luck. Other people have to be having this issue as well? Whenever I try to upload photos to our online store or other platforms from dropbox, we get a 'corrupted file' error message. Help!

Megan
Dropboxer

Hey there, @leetielovendale, I'd be happy to help! 

Do you have a problem trying to install or open the app? If so, what is the exact error you got?

As for your upload, is the file okay when you try to preview it, before you try to upload it using the web? Also, which browser do you use? 

Let me know, and we'll take it from there.

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Megan Dropboxer
    leetielovendale New member | Level 2
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?