cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox desktop app version history?

Dropbox desktop app version history?

MacDropper
New member | Level 2

Hi,

I'd like to know if there is a versionhistory of the last couple of dropbox updates somewhere, I'd like to see what changes were made and issues fixed. Can't find anything on the website.
I'm still having a hard time with dropbox not showing it's contextual menus in finder on macos.

Plus, I'd like to update dropox by myself, I don't like automatic updates (and not be informed of changes at all).

2 Replies 2

Hannah
Dropbox Staff
Hey @MacDropper, thanks for reaching out to our Community.

You can find a list of our client releases here, however you won't be able to see the changes made on each update.

Also, our client gets updated automatically, but we do appreciate the feedback on this. I will make sure your comments are passed along to the people responsible.

As for your contextual menu items missing, can you tell me if you troubleshooted at all?

Can you try closing the app from the Dropbox icon in your menu bar and then relaunching it from your applications folder, to see if that helps?

Keep me posted!

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

MacDropper
New member | Level 2

HI Hannah,

the missing contextual menus is a sometimes-better-somties-worth issue, but since bigsur it appears nearly evers day now.

There are workarounds, discussed endlessly in DP community, but til now, Dropbox did'nt find it necessary to fix this issue.

A workaround is not a fix.

Btw, why is Dropbox not showing what is fixed in the updates? I think this is a good habit, even Adobe does it.
Seems that Dropbox takes Apple as standard...

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

MacDropper New member | Level 2
    Hannah Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?