cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox desktop app won't load anymore on Windows 10

Dropbox desktop app won't load anymore on Windows 10

Jane42
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

My desk top Windows 10 Dropbox app worked okay until 10 July. It is version 100.4.409. It now says it won' t load because it needs a QT plug in. I have tried uninstalling the app but it won't uninstall. I tried reinstalling the app but that didn't work and I get the message "the installer encountered error message 2.

Does anyone know how I can fix this please?

14 Replies 14

ITConsultingAfrica
Collaborator | Level 10
Go to solution

Hi

I would also try an advanced reinstall as per this article: https://help.dropbox.com/installs-integrations/desktop/advanced-reinstall

Regards

Casper

Jane42
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Thanks Patrick that did the trick and I was able to uninstall and reinstall Dropbox which now loads. Hurrah! Unfortanately it now won't sync. When I added my PC DESKTOP-HOO9CSU it seems to think this is different from the previous one and now extra files on my PC have weird names like "money (DESKTOP-HOO9CSU's conflicted copy 2020-07-14)"  which haven't synced to my phone or Ipad. Should I delete the old unsynced files on the website?  Or should I delete all the files on my PC (having saved them somewhere else first!) and then put them back in again? 

Jane42
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Thanks Caspar but the previous solution has worked.

Jane42
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Thanks Patrick. I've now resolved the sync issues. Thanks very much indeed for your help in solving this problem

Not applicable
Go to solution

@Jane42 

Happy to help!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

anonymous Not applicable
    Jane42 Explorer | Level 4
    ITConsultingAfrica Collaborator | Level 10
What do Dropbox user levels mean?