cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox desktop app

Dropbox desktop app

chenh
New member | Level 2

Hello, I Can't download desktop app in non S mode even that my version of windows is windows 10 home.
When I download the installer file its automatically downloading dropbox S mode. Is anyone know how can i download the regular version? Thank you! 

5 Replies 5

Re: Dropbox desktop app

Rich
Super User II

@chenh wrote:

When I download the installer file its automatically downloading dropbox S mode. Is anyone know how can i download the regular version?

Download Dropbox from the website; not the app store.

chenh
New member | Level 2

I am, this link downloads the dropboxinstaller.exe and it opens the dropbox S mode installation

Rich
Super User II

@chenh wrote:

I am, this link downloads the dropboxinstaller.exe and it opens the dropbox S mode installation

What's the processor on your computer? If it's an ARM-based processor, you can only use the Windows S Mode version of Dropbox. The full Dropbox application only runs on x86-based processors.

chenh
New member | Level 2

Its Intel(R) Core(TM) I5-7200U CPU.  Doesn't seem arm based.

I had the regular app before, deleted it because it didn't sync... and then when i tried to install it again it only let me the S mode option.

Thanks for the answeres 🙂

Rich
Super User II

@chenh wrote:

Its Intel(R) Core(TM) I5-7200U CPU.  Doesn't seem arm based.

Try using the offline installer from one of the client threads. I'd suggest the latest beta version, which corrects a possible secure conenction problem that some people are having in the latest sstable release.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
    chenh New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?