cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox desktop app

Dropbox desktop app

chenh
New member | Level 2

Hello, I Can't download desktop app in non S mode even that my version of windows is windows 10 home.
When I download the installer file its automatically downloading dropbox S mode. Is anyone know how can i download the regular version? Thank you! 

5 Replies 5

Re: Dropbox desktop app

Rich
Super User II

@chenh wrote:

When I download the installer file its automatically downloading dropbox S mode. Is anyone know how can i download the regular version?

Download Dropbox from the website; not the app store.

chenh
New member | Level 2

I am, this link downloads the dropboxinstaller.exe and it opens the dropbox S mode installation

Rich
Super User II

@chenh wrote:

I am, this link downloads the dropboxinstaller.exe and it opens the dropbox S mode installation

What's the processor on your computer? If it's an ARM-based processor, you can only use the Windows S Mode version of Dropbox. The full Dropbox application only runs on x86-based processors.

chenh
New member | Level 2

Its Intel(R) Core(TM) I5-7200U CPU.  Doesn't seem arm based.

I had the regular app before, deleted it because it didn't sync... and then when i tried to install it again it only let me the S mode option.

Thanks for the answeres 🙂

Rich
Super User II

@chenh wrote:

Its Intel(R) Core(TM) I5-7200U CPU.  Doesn't seem arm based.

Try using the offline installer from one of the client threads. I'd suggest the latest beta version, which corrects a possible secure conenction problem that some people are having in the latest sstable release.

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?