cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox does not update after "Wipe data/Factory reset"

Dropbox does not update after "Wipe data/Factory reset"

Marllos
Helpful | Level 6

Hello everyone!

I did the "Restore factory default" a couple of times on my cell phone, being the penultimate in 2018 I think. My phone's apps were always up to date, including Dropbox (176.2.2 this was the last version I took note of). Due to a problem with the date synchronization, I went to Samsung's chat and they suggested me to do a "Wipe data / Factory reset", a suggestion that unfortunately I accepted. Then I updated all the software and noticed that Dropbox has not been updated and does not work anymore!

I tried several procedures: Disable (it does not uninstall); restart; activate again; update apps; open through the Google Play Store; "Restore factory default"; etc. Dropbox simply remains on the version of the restoration: 2.4.4.8.

I think the "Wipe data / Factory reset" procedure cleared up a patch that Dropbox made for Samsung. I want to emphasize that before this procedure, Dropbox was always up to date, as stated above, working without a problem. Since in this version 2.4.4.8, he doesn't even log in.

Dropbox is one of the most important apps on my phone, and I really wish you could help me. Thank you and I look forward.

My phone is a Samsung Galax:
model SM-J120H
Android 5.1.1

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Dropbox does not update after "Wipe data/Factory reset"

Marllos
Helpful | Level 6

@Daphne your post gave me the idea to look for the installation file, so I found the "Dropbox-164.2.2.apk" file. It's working now! I hope this post helps someone else, thanks.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Daphne
Dropboxer

Hi there @Marllos, I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with this!

Can you just clarify for me, do you see an option to update the Dropbox app within the Google Play store and can you try updating the app there? However, it never seems to update the app itself?

Also, do you perhaps have any pending OS updates for your device itself since the reset?

Let me know - thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Marllos
Helpful | Level 6

Thank you @Daphne. (Google Translate)
When I search for Dropbox through the Goolge Play Store on my phone, it doesn't even appear. When I search througout my notebook (with the same account) it shows that Dropbox is installed. If I send the link to the cell phone, I only have the option to open it, and opens the application on cell.

I made all the updates, the applications and the software of the cell phone, at least those that are still available. That update that appears the Android robot, it has been two years since he appeared!

Marllos
Helpful | Level 6

@Daphne your post gave me the idea to look for the installation file, so I found the "Dropbox-164.2.2.apk" file. It's working now! I hope this post helps someone else, thanks.

Daphne
Dropboxer

Thanks for getting back to me here @Marllos!

I'm very glad to hear you resolved this issue, and I appreciate you taking the time to post here what did the trick too.

I'm sure that this info will indeed be helpful for anyone else having the same issue. :grin:

If there's anything else that I can help with, please don't hesitate to give me a nudge here.

I hope you have a great weekend ahead!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Daphne Dropboxer
    Marllos Helpful | Level 6
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?