cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Get summer ready with Dropbox basic - travel documents, plans, progress reminders and more, right over here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox doesn't load after Windows 10 1803 update

Dropbox doesn't load after Windows 10 1803 update

Rikypg
Explorer | Level 4

A new HP Elitebook with Windows 10 1803 . I install dropbox client and when I try to open it I see process into task manager and after few second disappear.

I try everything:

- Install Reinstall

- Advanced install and reinstall 

- Disable antivirus 

- Installation with offline installer 

I dont see error or anything else.

Please help me! I need to use for my work the new notebook.

11 Replies 11

Rif.: Dropbox doesn't load after Windows 10 1803 update

Rikypg
Explorer | Level 4

This is the dropbox.exe.log

!! dropbox: assigning process to named job object dbx13932
!! dropbox: assigned process to named job object with handle 0000020C
dropbox: loading watchdog
dropbox: package full name is <unpackaged>
dropbox: loading bootstrap
dropbox: initializing
dropbox: initializing python 3.5.4
dropbox: setting program path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Dropbox\Client\Dropbox.exe'
dropbox: setting home path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Dropbox\Client'
dropbox: setting python path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Dropbox\Client;C:\Program Files (x86)\Dropbox\Client\python-packages-35.zip'
dropbox: python initialized
dropbox: running dropbox
dropbox: setting args
dropbox: applying overrides
dropbox: running main script
dropbox: load fq extension 'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Dropbox\\Client\\tornado.speedups.cp35-win32.pyd'
dropbox: load fq extension 'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Dropbox\\Client\\cryptography.hazmat.bindings._constant_time.cp35-win32.pyd'
dropbox: load fq extension 'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Dropbox\\Client\\cryptography.hazmat.bindings._openssl.cp35-win32.pyd'
dropbox: load fq extension 'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Dropbox\\Client\\cryptography.hazmat.bindings._padding.cp35-win32.pyd'
dropbox: load fq extension 'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Dropbox\\Client\\psutil._psutil_windows.cp35-win32.pyd'
dropbox: load fq extension 'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Dropbox\\Client\\cpuid.compiled._cpuid.cp35-win32.pyd'
dropbox: load fq extension 'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Dropbox\\Client\\win32com.shell.shell.cp35-win32.pyd'
dropbox: load fq extension 'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Dropbox\\Client\\winffi.kernel32.compiled._winffi_kernel32.cp35-win32.pyd'
dropbox: load fq extension 'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Dropbox\\Client\\winshell.compiled._winshell.cp35-win32.pyd'
dropbox: load fq extension 'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Dropbox\\Client\\winenumhandles.compiled._WinEnumHandles.cp35-win32.pyd'
dropbox: load fq extension 'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Dropbox\\Client\\winscreenshot.compiled._CaptureScreenshot.cp35-win32.pyd'
dropbox: load fq extension 'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Dropbox\\Client\\crashpad.compiled._Crashpad.cp35-win32.pyd'
dropbox: load fq extension 'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Dropbox\\Client\\PyQt5.QtWebEngineWidgets.cp35-win32.pyd'
dropbox: load fq extension 'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Dropbox\\Client\\PyQt5.QtCore.cp35-win32.pyd'
dropbox: load fq extension 'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Dropbox\\Client\\PyQt5.QtNetwork.cp35-win32.pyd'
dropbox: load fq extension 'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Dropbox\\Client\\PyQt5.QtWebEngineCore.cp35-win32.pyd'
dropbox: load fq extension 'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Dropbox\\Client\\PyQt5.QtGui.cp35-win32.pyd'
dropbox: load fq extension 'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Dropbox\\Client\\PyQt5.QtWidgets.cp35-win32.pyd'
dropbox: load fq extension 'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Dropbox\\Client\\PyQt5.QtWebChannel.cp35-win32.pyd'
dropbox: load fq extension 'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Dropbox\\Client\\PyQt5.QtWebKit.cp35-win32.pyd'
dropbox: load fq extension 'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Dropbox\\Client\\PyQt5.QtWebKitWidgets.cp35-win32.pyd'
dropbox: load fq extension 'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Dropbox\\Client\\PyQt5.QtPrintSupport.cp35-win32.pyd'
dropbox: load fq extension 'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Dropbox\\Client\\winrpcserver.compiled._RPCServer.cp35-win32.pyd'
dropbox: load fq extension 'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Dropbox\\Client\\winreindex.compiled._winreindex.cp35-win32.pyd'
dropbox: load fq extension 'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Dropbox\\Client\\winffi.user32.compiled._winffi_user32.cp35-win32.pyd'
dropbox: load fq extension 'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Dropbox\\Client\\winffi.iphlpapi.compiled._winffi_iphlpapi.cp35-win32.pyd'
dropbox: load fq extension 'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Dropbox\\Client\\winffi.winerror.compiled._winffi_winerror.cp35-win32.pyd'
dropbox: load fq extension 'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Dropbox\\Client\\winffi.wininet.compiled._winffi_wininet.cp35-win32.pyd'
dropbox: load fq extension 'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Dropbox\\Client\\dropbox.infinite.win.compiled._driverinstallation.cp35-win32.pyd'
dropbox: load fq extension 'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Dropbox\\Client\\PyQt5.QtWinExtras.cp35-win32.pyd'
dropbox: load fq extension 'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Dropbox\\Client\\winverifysignature.compiled._VerifySignature.cp35-win32.pyd'
dropbox: load fq extension 'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Dropbox\\Client\\librsyncffi.compiled._librsyncffi.cp35-win32.pyd'
dropbox: load fq extension 'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Dropbox\\Client\\enterprise_data.compiled._enterprise_data.cp35-win32.pyd'
dropbox: load fq extension 'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Dropbox\\Client\\winffi.advapi32.compiled._winffi_advapi32.cp35-win32.pyd'
dropbox: load fq extension 'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Dropbox\\Client\\wind3d11.compiled._wind3d11.cp35-win32.pyd'

Lusil
Dropboxer
Hey @Rikypg!

Are you still having trouble with this? 

If you are, can you please send me a screenshot of the error (omitting personal info) you see so as to have a better understanding of your concern?

Cheers! :upside_down:

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Rikypg
Explorer | Level 4

Dropbox didn't show any error. 

Finally, I restore windows 10 with the version before 1709 and everything works fine.

I hope with update 1803  I don't have the issue with starting of Dropbox.

I think the issue is into first screen configuration of Dropbox where the client asks the credential.

Lusil
Dropboxer
Thanks for letting me know what worked for you, @Rikypg

If you have any other questions or the issue reoccurs for you, don’t hesitate to get back to me. In the mean time, have a wonderful day!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Rikypg
Explorer | Level 4

Today my notebook upgrade windows 10 to 1803 and now Dropbox don't start.

I try to start it manually with no result.

I dont see errors into EventLogs

The folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Dropbox\CrashReports is empty

In attachment the log of dropbox.exe.log

Rikypg
Explorer | Level 4

is it possible to have support about the issue?

Lusil
Dropboxer
Sorry to hear about that, @Rikypg.

As a first step, since I don’t see an attachment on your post, could you please send me a screenshot of what the Dropbox icon that’s next to your desktop’s clock reads when you hover over it. 

If you don’t see the Dropbox icon, are you able to locate the desktop app from your list of programs on your computer? 

Any additional info on this would be greatly appreciated. Cheers! :slight_smile:

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Rikypg
Explorer | Level 4

I dont see any dropbox icon into system tray.

I see the dropbox folder into my computer

Lusil
Dropboxer
Thanks for the additional info, @Rikypg

In this case, I’d kindly recommend giving a reinstallation a shot - it may do the trick. Please bear in mind that if you have a lot of files stored in Dropbox, you can use selective sync to select only certain folders to sync to your computer so as to improve the performance of your computer. 

Let me know how it goes!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Poll
Which Dropbox Plan do you have?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Lusil Dropboxer
    Rikypg Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?