cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox doesn't sync FLA files since I've switch to Adobe Animate CC 2018

Dropbox doesn't sync FLA files since I've switch to Adobe Animate CC 2018

Daniel A.5
Collaborator | Level 8

Hi, yesterday I updated to Adobe Animate CC 2018 and since then FLA files don't sync on my Dropbox folder.

This happens on my MacBook pro (High Sierra: latest version)

These files are not open in the app and no Adobe apps are open in the background and still, these files just don't sync.

It's been 24 hours since they were able to sync and I really have to sync these files ASAP.

BTW, I've tried the following things:

If I place the FLA files inside a ZIP file - the ZIP file SYNCS

If I make a copy of the FLA file - the copy DOESN'T SYNC either

If I change the file extension from FLA to anything else - the file STILL DOESN'T SYNC

Help!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Dropbox doesn't sync FLA files since I've switch to Adobe Animate CC 2018

Daniel A.5
Collaborator | Level 8

It seems that Dropbox finally fixed this issue on their latest version (v39.4.49)

View solution in original post

48 Replies 48

Ross_S
Dropboxer
Hi there,

The extension (FLA) isn't going to be relevant to the problem. It wouldn't matter to Dropbox what kind of file it is for it to sync, we sync ALL types.

Sounds like the file is in use by something else...I know you've considered that - but from what I can see here I'd suggest you deep dive around the idea that another program may be temporarily accessing the file(s).
It could be anything from an Adobe program to an antivirus scanning it, I'm afraid I have no insight into that.

I'd recommend strategically killing any other programs running to find the culprit.

barrowman
Helpful | Level 5

We are experiencing the exact same issue since the update. It's obviously an issue with the file type and lies on some changes Adobe has made. It doesn't affect the PC version files, just Mac ones. So between Adobe and Apple there is something that is causing Dropbox to struggle with the files. 

Daniel A.5
Collaborator | Level 8

Exactly!

Since I'm using High Sierra on my Mac, the new filesystem can also be a factor here!

barrowman
Helpful | Level 5

Yes, it's very annoying, but at the end of the day, the fault may lie with Adobe (or Apple), but we've already had to stop using Dropbox and use an alternative syncing method for the folders related to these jobs.

Daniel A.5
Collaborator | Level 8

Thing is, the Dropbox sync worked until now (even on High Sierra) with FLA files,

once I updated to Animate CC 2018 it stopped working.

So the change that started all this, is updating an Adobe application.

So it may be Adobe's fault... or Dropbox's... or Apple's 😉  

Ross_S
Dropboxer
It looks like the files are in use. We can't establish a file lock on them and carry out the required process (a sync in this case), as something else hasn't relinquished the file yet.

I would expect this to be a temp issue as the other program will eventually release the file and we'll grab it then. For example, if you restarted the machine, depending on what's doing what, I'd not be surprised if we then synced the files (because we got a lock on them before the other application)

Daniel A.5
Collaborator | Level 8

It doesn't work after restart.

It doesn't work even if all of the Adobe apps are closed.

If I take an FLA file which doesn't sync and I create a copy of it, the copy doesn't sync either.

(So while you could argue that the original file has been opened by the app and thus locked, the copy was never opened by it and still cannot sync)

barrowman
Helpful | Level 5
its definitely related to the latest version of Animate on a Mac and it’s not entirely black and white either as files are going up sometimes but then they’re not coming down to other computers.

Daniel A.5
Collaborator | Level 8
Do you by any chance have Flash CS6 installed on your Mac as well?

Because I found someone who doesn't experience the problem and the only difference between our setups was that I have Flash CS6 installed in addition to Animate 2018
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Daniel A.5 Collaborator | Level 8
    Ross_S Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?