cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Dropbox doesn't work with mobile phone Internet

Explorer | Level 3
I have problems synchronising Dropbox files in desktop app when using Internet from my phone. I have no Wi-Fi and that's everything I can use to work for the moment.
The situation is the following:
- With WiFi, everything works fine in both laptop and phone devices.
- Sharing the connection from my phone is where everything turns wrong. Even Firefox doesn't work, take too long and after that comes the error.
I have a Macbook Pro, maybe it is something related to permissions in the laptop other in the phone.
5 Replies 5
Highlighted

Re: Dropbox doesn't work with mobile phone Internet

Helpful | Level 5

Hello, 

It seems to be a lack of  broadband connectivity. 

You can test your connectivity : https://www.broadbandspeedchecker.co.uk/

Daniel

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hello @miguelbf & @Daniel37; welcome to the Dropbox Community!

As per your query now Miguel, while I agree with Daniel that this could be related to your broadband connectivity (in which case you should also check with your cellular data provider), I'd suggest adjusting your bandwidth settings through the desktop app's preferences when working on your Dropbox files according to your current needs as this might do the trick in some cases. 

Keep us posted!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

I have tried everything you guys suggested, but nothing worked. Maybe I'm not following your guidelines in a correct way, but it seems that there is something which blocks Dropbox to be opened. I would like to clarify that Dropbox website works perfectly with my phone but only if I don't share the connection to work with it through my Macbook :(

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

NEWS:

Something strange has happened. These past months I was in Germany, where I had the problem. At this time I'm back in Spain, where I originally come from and receive the data and mobile services. And surprise, here everything works perfectly! Sync and Internet navigating go fluently without any problems. Why would this happen? I didn't expect that.

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

I'm sorry for the late reply @miguelbf; I hope my message finds you well. 

@miguelbf wrote:

NEWS:

Something strange has happened. These past months I was in Germany, where I had the problem. At this time I'm back in Spain, where I originally come from and receive the data and mobile services. And surprise, here everything works perfectly!

This makes sense now that you've clarified this part as Camera Uploads won't work when on roaming data as the relevant Help Center article outlines. 

In any case, I'm glad you managed to resolve your concern in the end and I'm always a post away should you ever come up with any additional questions. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Polls
Do you know how to organize your files and folders?
We have created a guide on folder best practice, so you can get organized now check it out here.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?