cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Emma uses to-do lists to get it all done here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dropbox exclude - killed msg on manjaro

Dropbox exclude - killed msg on manjaro

rpietro
Explorer | Level 3

Hi, not sure if this is the right board, but I am trying to exclude a directory ("Dropbox/Ipad/stuff") using selective sync. When cd into Dropbox and then run:

> dropbox exclude add Ipad/stuff

I get:

> [1] 1585882 killed dropbox exclude add Ipad/stuff

I tried all kinds of variations in how to pass the path to the command, but the results is always the same. Any tips?

Thanks 

7 Replies 7

Hannah
Dropboxer
Hey @rpietro, thanks for posting!

Would you mind confirming that you have the correct structure on the command you're using as per the info in this article?

Thanks!

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

rpietro
Explorer | Level 3

Hi Hannah, yes, I believe that's what I am using

Hannah
Dropboxer
Can you try adding " " (quotation marks) around the directory when you try the command to see if that helps?

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

rpietro
Explorer | Level 3

No, I keep getting the same error. 

Walter
Dropboxer

Thanks for keeping us in the loop on this @rpietro.

I'm sorry to jump in here, but can you move this folder to another location and try to exclude it from syncing using the new folder-path?

Do you get any different results? 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

rpietro
Explorer | Level 3

Hi Walter, I moved "stuff" to the root folder, and tried again, but still getting the same error.

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi @rpietro, as Manjaro isn't an officially supported OS for Dropbox, since we only support Ubuntu and Fedora, the amount of support we can provide is limited.

There isn't much else we can suggest in this instance, unfortunately, since you've said you've tried all the methods to add that directory to the exclusion list.

I'll leave this thread open for other users to contribute their suggestions.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Poll
We love to learn from the educators who use Dropbox. Whether you teach kids, teens, adults or a combination of all three, we want to know what apps and integrations you use with Dropbox to help with teaching. Which of the ones below is your favorite, or most used tool?
Need more support?