cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox fails to start with Windows 10

Dropbox fails to start with Windows 10

Ronin06
Explorer | Level 3

Desktop app 46.4.65 fails to start with Windows 10 on startup.  Checkmark box is checked.

Unchecked box restarted windows, checked box and restarted again.  No change still fails to start.

Uninstalled Dropbox and reinstalled. No change still fails to start.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Dropbox fails to start with Windows 10

Jane
Dropboxer
Thanks for confirming  , I’ve made sure to create a support request on our system on your behalf. At your convenience, could you check your inbox for our latest message and let me know here if you have any issues locating the reply, so that we make sure to send that again? 

Thanks again for your posting on the Dropbox Forum & we’re looking forward to hearing back from you via email, so as to check your client-related inquiry together. Happy Monday!

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jane
Dropboxer
Hey Ronin06

Thanks for posting on the Dropbox Forum on this matter, I hope you’re doing well today & I’d happily check back what’s happening on this discussion!

Based on your description, there’s something blocking the updater in the background, hence the app isn’t automatically loading the latest version. If you can’t run the installer (your Antivirus or some security software is creating a conflict, that’s preventing the installation from being carried perhaps?), could you disable all other programs & give our offline installer a try: https://www.dropbox.com/downloading?plat=win&type=full? 

Additionally, I’d like to ask you whether you’re using an application called Boxifier”. If you do, please let me know here, since it may be the cause of the issue.

Please let us know how the steps above work for you in your next post here, so as to follow-up with you as closely as possible. Thanks again!

Jane
dropbox.com/support

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.

Ronin06
Explorer | Level 3
I am not using Boxifier. I can manually start the application and it will work. Thus the updater is not being blocked, but rather the app fails to start with Windows 10 startup. It's worked in the past.

Jane
Dropboxer
I appreciate your swift reply here 

I’d happily bring that to the attention of a specialized colleague through our Official Support Channel. If it’s not too much trouble for you, could you verify that you’re allowing me to get in touch with you on the email address connected to your Dropbox account, in order to advise on the next steps? Once you do, I’ll email you directly. 

Thanks again & I’ll be awaiting your next message here!

Jane
dropbox.com/support

Ronin06
Explorer | Level 3

Yes, you can email me directly.

Jane
Dropboxer
Thanks for confirming  , I’ve made sure to create a support request on our system on your behalf. At your convenience, could you check your inbox for our latest message and let me know here if you have any issues locating the reply, so that we make sure to send that again? 

Thanks again for your posting on the Dropbox Forum & we’re looking forward to hearing back from you via email, so as to check your client-related inquiry together. Happy Monday!

Jane
dropbox.com/support

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jane Dropboxer
    Ronin06 Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?