cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Dropbox folder using double the space on mac as online

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

We have a small mac which is stuck in the middle of syncing as a result of another user rearranging a large number of files.  When we check the soze of the dropbox on the mac it is showing 60+ GB while our dropbox is only using 36GB online and on all other macs.  The result is the mac doesnt have enough space to complete synching.

Any suggestions how to resolve this would be gratefully received.

Thanks - Simon

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Dropbox folder using double the space on mac as online

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hi there Simon, aka @Sandwalk P.!

Initially, could you please check if you have any incompatible characters by running a bad files check? If you find some, the most common way of tackling this would be to rename the files in question. 

Furthermore, since you mention:

@Sandwalk P. wrote:

We have a small mac which is stuck in the middle of syncing as a result of another user rearranging a large number of files.

I’d kindly recommend uninstalling the desktop app, removing the Dropbox folder from your desktop (which would be just another folder once you unlink your account from the device, thus having no effect on your files on your computer), and reinstalling the desktop app

In any case, let me know of any update on the matter! 

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: Dropbox folder using double the space on mac as online

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hi there Simon, aka @Sandwalk P.!

Initially, could you please check if you have any incompatible characters by running a bad files check? If you find some, the most common way of tackling this would be to rename the files in question. 

Furthermore, since you mention:

@Sandwalk P. wrote:

We have a small mac which is stuck in the middle of syncing as a result of another user rearranging a large number of files.

I’d kindly recommend uninstalling the desktop app, removing the Dropbox folder from your desktop (which would be just another folder once you unlink your account from the device, thus having no effect on your files on your computer), and reinstalling the desktop app

In any case, let me know of any update on the matter! 

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?