cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We're back with another cheat sheet to make your 2022 easier than ever! Check out our tips here

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dropbx for Salesforce - not able to create visualforce page for custom object

Dropbox for Salesforce - not able to create visualforce page for custom object

DerMews96
Explorer | Level 3

I wanted to create a visualforce page for a custom object but I am not able to reference the dropbox component, as its namespace prefix is to loong (16 characters, 15 are allowed).

Someone has experience with this issue?

7 Replies 7

Re: Dropbx for Salesforce - not able to create visualforce page for custom object

Hannah
Dropboxer
Hi there @DerMews96, welcome to the Dropbox Community!

Would you mind sending me a screenshot of what you see when you try to reference Dropbox, when creating a VisualForce page?

Thanks.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

DerMews96
Explorer | Level 3

Hi @Hannah,

if I try to include the component like this: <c:Dropbox_for_SF__Dropbox/> I get the following error: "Error: Namespace length cannot exceed 15 chars".
That's no wonder as "Dropbox_for_SF" is the namespace prefix. No other app uses such a long prefix. And the two mandatory underscores are counted on top.

BR

Hendrik

Hannah
Dropboxer
Thanks for the update here, Hendrick!

Can I actually reach out to you via email, so we can look into this in more detail?

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

DerMews96
Explorer | Level 3

Sure.

Hannah
Dropboxer
Perfect, I just emailed you, so make sure to check your inbox!

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

Re: Dropbox for Salesforce - not able to create visualforce page for custom object

WhirlpoolCenter
New member | Level 2

@Support, please contact us via this account.

Re: Dropbox for Salesforce - not able to create visualforce page for custom object

Walter
Dropboxer
Hey @WhirlpoolCenter - sorry to jump in here, but I just wanted to let you know that I've just sent you an email to investigate further. 

Please have a look at your inbox and we'll take it from there.

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?