cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know more about how Community ideas impact Dropbox development? Check it out here

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox freezes/Dropbox settings file location

Dropbox freezes/Dropbox settings file location

SharkCK
New member | Level 2

I just installed Dropbox on a new PC build.  Fresh install of Windows 10 64bit.  After I sync my account and hit advanced settings to set my Dropbox location, it freezes as soon as I make the first selection in the list.  I tried using the default location and changing it after, same thing.  I tried searching the Windows registry for all instances of the default location and changing the registry entries to where I want it, did not work.  It seems that Dropbox uses another location to save the folder location setting.  Where is this settings file so that I can change my folder location?

2 Replies 2

Re: Dropbox freezes/Dropbox settings file location

Walter
Dropboxer

Hello @SharkCK; welcome to our Community and happy Monday!

Can you please reboot your computer and let me know if you're still having issues with moving your Dropbox folder through the app's preferences

Thanks!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Re: Dropbox freezes/Dropbox settings file location

SharkCK
New member | Level 2

Good evening/morning to you,

Well, I have shutdown/restarted my computer several times since then and tried it again yesterday/Monday and still had the same problem.  I just went and tried it again and it worked!  Not sure what the bug was.  Is there a log file or something that I can provide to help you guys fix this problem?

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

SharkCK New member | Level 2
    Walter Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?