cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox full with the wrong files

Dropbox full with the wrong files

Junkie
Explorer | Level 3

I fastened bij accident my Dropbox account to mij Desktop Computer through WD Smartware Pro. It seems to be that the files of mij Desktop Computer are now in my Dropbox account. How can I delete this files? Where can I do that? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Dropbox full with the wrong files

Mark
Super User II
I've removed the solution tag 🙂

To remove the WD app you can try and do it at www.dropbox.com/account under the security tab, BUT, I think you'll need to speak to WD about changing where it does its backups to. Removing access I'm not sure will help due to the fact its saving the backups to the local Dropbox folder on your machine.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jane
Dropboxer
Hey there, 

Welcome to the Dropbox Community, let 's look into that together! 

Please keep in mind that if you had stored your desktop files in Dropbox by placing them inside the Dropbox folder, these are automatically synced to your account online. 

If you’d like to avoid that and use a different type of organisation, please let me know some more details about it in your reply and it’ll be a pleasure to follow-up. 

Looking forward to hearing back from you! 

Warm regards, 
JaneA

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Junkie
Explorer | Level 3

Is there also a possibility to do this in Dutch? Now I am seeking all the time to words. The only thing I will is to backup  my phone, photos, addresses, phonenumbers and notes.  I don't need Dropbox on my desktops. So, I want to know where I can delete what is in mij Dropbox now or overwrite maybe.  I am just a beginner in Dropbox, allthough my account runs many years. 

Junkie
Explorer | Level 3

Hello Jane,

I pushed on the wrong bottom. On that point there was not yet a solution. I use a Backup-machine WD My Cloud. Every day this machine makes a backup of my whole computer.  WD My Cloud is by accident added to my DropBox account on the 5th of July. On that day gave Dropbox on, that my Dropbox was in one time full.  So no space left. How can I remove this app from my Dropbox account?   

@Jane wrote:
Hey there, 

Welcome to the Dropbox Community, let 's look into that together! 

Please keep in mind that if you had stored your desktop files in Dropbox by placing them inside the Dropbox folder, these are automatically synced to your account online. 

If you’d like to avoid that and use a different type of organisation, please let me know some more details about it in your reply and it’ll be a pleasure to follow-up. 

Looking forward to hearing back from you! 

Warm regards, 
JaneA

Mark
Super User II
I've removed the solution tag 🙂

To remove the WD app you can try and do it at www.dropbox.com/account under the security tab, BUT, I think you'll need to speak to WD about changing where it does its backups to. Removing access I'm not sure will help due to the fact its saving the backups to the local Dropbox folder on your machine.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Jane
Dropboxer

Hey @Junkie, are you still experiencing any issues? 

Please keep us updated here! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jane Dropboxer
    Mark Super User II
    Junkie Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?