cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox hopelessly broken on my desktop PC. Not looking forward to this...

Dropbox hopelessly broken on my desktop PC. Not looking forward to this...

marqueso
Explorer | Level 3

Dropbox wont sync on my desktop PC. I have tried all 15+ possible fixes besides wiping the files and re-downloading everything. The forums are littered with so many possible reasons all i think about is the hours its still going to take to fix this.

i wish dropbox wasnt broken or that i wasnt paying full price for something month after month just wastes my time. At least i still have my USB memeory stick.

Dropbox used to work, even during the beta which i was apart. I honestly cant stand redownloading everything over and over again.

1 Reply 1

Re: Dropbox hopelessly broken on my desktop PC. Not looking forward to this...

Rich
Super User II

First, remove yourself from the beta versions by disabling Early Releases in your account settings. After that, perform an advanced reinstall of Dropbox. You won't have to redownload all your files, but Dropbox will need to reindex your files. This will take some time if you have a lot of data. Just be patient and allow it to work.

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?