cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox hosting wordpress media files and stats?

Dropbox hosting wordpress media files and stats?

KimberH
Helpful | Level 5

HI, I have a Wordpress site with a large number of audio files.  I was looking at Amazon S3 but wondered if it was possible to use dropbox to host my media files instead of the WordPress hosting I have. If that is possible, it there any way to get stats on the number of times an audio file is played? 

Thanks

Kim 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Dropbox hosting wordpress media files and stats?

Mark
Super User II

I cannot say this strongly enough - dont. 

While it is possible to host via Dropbox it doesnt look professional when the Dropbox page opens, there is only limited bandwidth (at which point the links just stop - you dont get warned and you cannot remove the ban, you have to serve it out) and there is no way to count etc. 

Use a service which is intended to host and stream etc. Please do not try and shoehorn into Dropbox - it wont end well.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Mark
Super User II

I cannot say this strongly enough - dont. 

While it is possible to host via Dropbox it doesnt look professional when the Dropbox page opens, there is only limited bandwidth (at which point the links just stop - you dont get warned and you cannot remove the ban, you have to serve it out) and there is no way to count etc. 

Use a service which is intended to host and stream etc. Please do not try and shoehorn into Dropbox - it wont end well.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

KimberH
Helpful | Level 5

Thank you very much for the honest answer

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?