cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox iOS File FULL integration

Dropbox iOS File FULL integration

Architetto D.
Helpful | Level 6

Will it ever happen?

I'm so annoyed that I can't fully use my files (stored in Dropbox) with iOS app that already support Files.app integration.

Dropbox iOS Files app support is very poor and buggy.

12 Replies 12

Re: Dropbox iOS File FULL integration

Lusil
Dropboxer

Hey @Architetto D. - thanks for checking in with us!

I'd be more than happy to help look into this with you, I'll just need a bit more info to make sure that we're on the same page. For example, are you:

• Trying to achieve something specific with the Dropbox mobile app via the Files app?
  • Getting any errors? If so, could you send me a screenshot (without personal info)?

Any additional details would be very helpful. Cheers!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Architetto D.
Helpful | Level 6
Hi Lusil, thank you for your reply.

I’m trying to just use my files as I do on desktop.
If I have a .pages or .numbers file on my Dropbox I’d like to edit it on my iPad and find it fully synced on Dropbox, without conflict copies of it.
I want to be able to Tag a (dropbox) file in Files.app and find that Tag on my macOS Finder.
I want to move, rename, download and delete files via Files.app without errors.

Why don’t you fully support all these (basic) features like your competitors?

Lusil
Dropboxer

Thanks for getting back to me, @Architetto D.

At first, thanks for sharing your feedback in regards to tags and syncing them. 

As for the conflicted copies that you're getting, could you check if you're running the latest version of the Dropbox mobile app and your iOS?

Finally, could you clarify the exact steps you take from the Files app that result in errors, as well as sending me a screenshot (without any personal info) of them? 

Keep me posted!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Architetto D.
Helpful | Level 6
Hi Lusil,
It’s nearly 2 years I’m reporting these fedddbacks and issues, but apparently nobody cares.
I simply open a document (.pages) stored on my Dropbox via Files.app. Pages.app automatically saves every edit. After I close the document I find many conflict copy files (of the .pages file) on my Dropbox.

Another issue is offline downloading: I just tap on a document via Files.app and it can’t manage to download it

Lusil
Dropboxer

Thanks for the additional info, @Architetto D.

Have you tried downloading via the Dropbox mobile app directly? Does the file download or do you get an error message?

As for the conflicted copies, do you by any chance have a ticket open with our Support team about this? 

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Architetto D.
Helpful | Level 6
Using the Dropbox.app the file is downloaded and copied inside the Pages.app.

Yeah of course I opened tickets, until I gave up: it seems to me more a code or API bug/error

Lusil
Dropboxer

Thanks for clarifying that for me, @Architetto D.

In general, to download a file, you need access to a WiFi network or cellular data. You can find more info about this here

As for the conflicted copies, I'd be happy to create a ticket for you and get you in touch with a specialized member of the team. 

Let me know how you'd like to proceed!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Architetto D.
Helpful | Level 6
Ok, let’s open a support ticket.

Thank you

Lusil
Dropboxer

I've sent you a ticket, so when you get the chance, please check your inbox and we'll take it from there. 

Thanks again, @Architetto D.

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?