cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dropbox iPad app won’t open ANYTHING, iPhone app works fine

Dropbox iPad app won’t open ANYTHING, iPhone app works fine

Taylor R.4
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have the latest Dropbox app on my 2011 MacBook, iPhone 6S and iPad 9.7 2017. iPhone and iPad are on iOS 12.1.1. All devices are connected to the same WiFi network.

Everything works perfect on the Mac and iPhone. However, the iPad app will not open any file whatsoever. It just spins the little wheel and never loads.

I tried clearing the cache, reinstalling the app, and restarting the iPad. IT WILL NOT OPEN FILES. I can access the Dropbox files just fine through the iOS files app and through Safari on the iPad, but not the Dropbox app where I need them most.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey there (@Taylor R.4) & (@ndizzot), your reports here have been echoing this discussion, as you’ve been describing an issue pertaining to your iPad whereas the same steps on your iPhone yield the expected results. If it’s not too much trouble for you, would you mind including a screenshot (omitting personal info) of how this issue has manifested itself on your end, so as to paint a clearer picture of what’s happening?

Spoiler
From there, can you let me know whether you’re having any pending OS updates on your phone? (Note: The most recent stable release for iOS is 12.1.3.) Also, are you running the latest version of our app (128.2)?  
Thanks in advance for the time & efforts you’re devoting on that & I’ll be awaiting your next reply on this conversation!

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

ndizzot
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
SAME!

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey there (@Taylor R.4) & (@ndizzot), your reports here have been echoing this discussion, as you’ve been describing an issue pertaining to your iPad whereas the same steps on your iPhone yield the expected results. If it’s not too much trouble for you, would you mind including a screenshot (omitting personal info) of how this issue has manifested itself on your end, so as to paint a clearer picture of what’s happening?

Spoiler
From there, can you let me know whether you’re having any pending OS updates on your phone? (Note: The most recent stable release for iOS is 12.1.3.) Also, are you running the latest version of our app (128.2)?  
Thanks in advance for the time & efforts you’re devoting on that & I’ll be awaiting your next reply on this conversation!

Jane
dropbox.com/support

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.

Taylor R.4
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi @Jane,

My DropBox app updates automatically on both devices. I did not know there was an iOS update available. So I updated both my devices.

My iPhone continues to work fine, and fortunately, my iPad now seems to be working just fine. It would appear that updating iOS solved the issue.

I will post again in this thread if there are further problems.

Thank you for your input.

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Glad it’s sorted now & thanks for pinging me back to let me know of the results @Taylor R.4:unicorn:

We’re always a post away in case you have further inquiries or thoughts in the future, so don't hesitate to reach back out on our Forum at any time & it’ll be a pleasure to work with you again. Take care until then! 

Jane
dropbox.com/support

JMT1
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi!

Same situation for me today. On my iPad I have lastest versions on Office applications and  IOS version 12.1.4. Yesterday everything was fine.

Reagrds,

Jussi

Mohit2000
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I am having exact same problem. I deleted the app and reinstalled it 4 times. I can see all my files but can’t open them. Just the spinning wheel. It was working fine yesterday and it’s working file on my phone and Mac but files are not opening on my iPad. Please help. Thanks 

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @Mohit2000, thanks for the nudge; I'll do my best to check back on the possible causes. If it’s not too much trouble for you, I’d appreciate it if you could include a step-by-step description, so as to try & re-create the behavior on my end, as well as some screenshots on how this discrepancy has manifested itself on your end (omitting personal info), so as to further advise. 

Once I have these details, I’ll try to address your initial inquiry in a bit more depth. Thanks! 

Jane
dropbox.com/support

jaosnsmoth
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

it was working smooth on my iPad Pro when it was running on ios 10 however as I have updated to ios 11.3 whenever now I am opening the app it only loads a blank screen on the start up and crashes after a while automatically. How do I fix it?

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @jaosnsmoth, thanks for pinging me here; I’m wondering whether you’ve tried un-installing & re-installing the application anew as a quick fix. Would you mind giving it a go once & circle back to me here with the results? 

Please let me know if this additional step does the trick for you & we’ll take it from there! 

Jane
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?