Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Dropbox iPad app won’t open ANYTHING.

Explorer | Level 3

My OS is up-to-date  and I have deleted and reinstalled the App a few times. On the App store the latest version is down as version 172.3 Thank you.

6 Replies 6
Highlighted

Re: Dropbox iPad app won’t open ANYTHING.

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi @Jay W.6. Thanks for reporting this issue! 

I understand reinstalling doesn't help. Before I provide any next steps, I would like to understand more about the issue you are facing. Allow me to ask a few questions: 

1. Can you successfully log in to your Dropbox account from this device? 
  2. Are parts of the application interface not loading all the options and you can't even see the files? 
  3. Do you see all the options of the application and the account reports to be empty? 
  4. Or do you see all the files and the options and you simply cannot open the files to edit? 

Don't hesitate to add screenshots of what you see, if you believe it will be helpful. 

Thank you. 

Have a nice week! 

Fiona
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3
It doesn’t even open. It starts to open then automatically close so one can never gets to the above. There is not time for a screenshot! Thank you in anticipation for any help.
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Thanks for the additional information on this @Jay W.6!

As we'll need to dig a tad deeper - since you mentioned that our mobile app on your iPad is crashing - can you let us know what is the exact version of the OS your iPad utilizes at the moment and if you had any success  in this while using a different wifi or over cellular date (if possible for your iPad)? 

In addition, could it be that you're on our free, Dropbox Basic plan, which has a three device limit since last March? 

If that's the case and you'd like to link a new device (or re-link a previously linked device), you must unlink all currently linked devices (down to less than three), and then you can link your new devices (up to three).

I hope this information helps and please keep us posted! 

Walter

Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Dear Walter

Thank you for your response. 

The iPad OS is 13.3

I’ve tried it on your suggestion using a different wifi connection but the problem remains.

I am on that plan but my iPad is one of the three devices and I have tried deleting it and re-adding it.

Your response is greatly appreciated as building work means being able to work remotely on my iPad is EVEN more important than normal. 

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3
Hi. I don’t seem to have had a response to this and I know your turnaround target is four hours in business time. Does help cease if one doesn’t have a business plan? If yes, please make this clear. Thank you.
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Not at all @Jay W.6. Sorry for the tardy response here. 

I'm sorry to see you're still facing issues with this so please let me know if you'd like me to reach out to the email address that's connected to your Community's profile to work on this together.

In the meantime, if you don't mind, could you try to drop your devices to 2 through your account's security tab and then try to use the mobile app anew? 

In any case, please keep me posted Jay. 

Walter

Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?