cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox icon disappearing from System Tray

Dropbox icon disappearing from System Tray

MikeatAmalgam
Helpful | Level 5

Having read through various threads I still have no solution to my particular problem. 

A few days ago my Dropbox stopped syncing on my PC - it still works on tablet and phone.  The system tray icon shows briefly, but then vanishes.  I have tried ensuring it is switched to showing as an icon, reinstalled Dropbox (Twice) and checked that it is set to start when the PC boots.  I have also removed a lot of old files to ensure there is capacity- but still no joy.  

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Betreff: Dropbox icon disappearing from System Tray

Panu
Helpful | Level 5

hello, 

I ran another client version (Client_70.3.85) as admin in the folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Dropbox and it fixed the problem for me

P.B

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Dantur
Helpful | Level 5

Ah - usually I hate 'same problem' posts without solution.

I just typed my issue to:

https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Installation-and-desktop-app/Dropbox-does-not-appear-on-tray-box-doe...

( ... to avoid multiple posts.)

Panu
Helpful | Level 5

hello, 

I ran another client version (Client_70.3.85) as admin in the folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Dropbox and it fixed the problem for me

P.B

Lusil
Dropboxer
Hey peeps!

Initially, thank you @Panu for letting us know what worked for you! Awesome work on the troubleshooting. :grinning:

As such, @MikeatAmalgam and @Dantur, could you please have a look at @Panu suggestion resolves it for you? Maybe that will do the trick. 

If not, as @Jane and other users mention in this thread (that @Dantur quotes), could you please check if the desktop app is being hindered/blocked by a third party app or a security program, such as an antivirus, firewall, proxy or VPN?

If you’re still having trouble with this, please don’t hesitate to let me know and I’ll make sure to get back to you as soon as possible. Cheers!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

MikeatAmalgam
Helpful | Level 5

Hi Panu,

Thanks for your reply - and sorry to be a bit helpless, but where do I find the client version you refer to?  Am I being dense, my version of the Dropbox software is 1.3.189.1  Beyond that I don't have a lot of in depth knowledge - Previously I have just run the software and it all works out, until now...

Dantur
Helpful | Level 5

Hi, Already thought about to download this myself. didn't dare yet.

To Beta Builds

That's the newest Beta

Dantur
Helpful | Level 5

Thanks Panu, correct hint.
This new beta works fine.

It appears there is/was some kind of faulty release.

Yesterday I first deactivated and then even uninstalled my antivirus in order to be sure it doesn't interfere with the software. No success.
(There is the Windows Defender as auto-replacement though.)

MikeatAmalgam
Helpful | Level 5

Hey Dantur,

Thanks for the tip - even if you didn't dare yet... Installed the latest beta and suddenly everything is running as normal again.  Top tip!

Panu
Helpful | Level 5

Avec plaisir!  :relieved: (With pleasure)

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Panu Helpful | Level 5
    MikeatAmalgam Helpful | Level 5
    Dantur Helpful | Level 5
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?