cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dropbox icon greyed out says updating account for weeks now

Dropbox icon greyed out says updating account for weeks now

yzf125
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Can someone help me. Dropbox is not working and is grayed out saying, updating account. but its been this way for weeks now, I also can not acces my files on the web by selecting the web icon ? But this all works on my other computer with same specs.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

yzf125
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I have resolved this issue !!!!  The problem that caused this was "" Dell Back Up and Recovery "" !! It had to be disabled or removed all together. I chose to disable it and my problem is fixed !

I found this resolution through another issue I was having at the same time. Here is the link to the prosses to disable DBR.  

https://www.3dflow.net/zephyr-crash-dell-backup-recovery-qt-known-issue-fix/ 

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi there, if you can’t access the account on the web, as well as the app not connecting, then there is a possibility that a proxy, VPN, firewall, security software, or even ISP/router issues that could be restricting traffic to the following Dropbox domains.

I’d recommend checking these out, and the suggestions in the following article segment.

Hope this helps!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

yzf125
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I can access through the web by going directly to dropbox site, just not with the app on my computer when I try and select the globe icon in the app nothing happens, I can only click on the gear icon and folder location.

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Could you try an advanced reinstall of the app to see if this helps?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

yzf125
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I have done the uninstall and reinstalled. Now when I try to sign in the screen just sits there grayout with the icon spinning and if I click on the dropbox icon " thats also grayed out" it says dropbox is starting but nothing ever happens it will just sit there like that ?? 

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
When you say ‘try to sign in’, this happens during the installation process, before the app fully loads up. 

Is the installer stopping at that point? Are you installing the app and not even getting the option to sign in then?

Keep me posted!

Jay
dropbox.com/support

yzf125
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

The app is installed, I even restarted the computer and the app will load but says it has nothing to sync to, so I try and sign in. The sign in screen will take my info and just sit there as if its doing somthing with a windows blue circle icon spinning and thats were it will stay... Now if I check the dropbox icon during this it will now recongnize me and say dropbox is starting and on the bottom of that will say dropbox is updating syncing with folders and just stay stuck at that point also !! If I click my account icon it does show me logged in but everything is just hanging there ?? They will stay like that all day...

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Thanks for the info, we’ll need to investigation this info further. 

Would it be okay if we message you at the email address associated with your forum profile?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

yzf125
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Yes you can, If you also want to do a Team Viewer session to see it your self let me know.

yzf125
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I have resolved this issue !!!!  The problem that caused this was "" Dell Back Up and Recovery "" !! It had to be disabled or removed all together. I chose to disable it and my problem is fixed !

I found this resolution through another issue I was having at the same time. Here is the link to the prosses to disable DBR.  

https://www.3dflow.net/zephyr-crash-dell-backup-recovery-qt-known-issue-fix/ 

Need more support?