cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about apps and Dropbox integrations to make working from home easy here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox imac stop syncing

Dropbox imac stop syncing

Stijnvg
Explorer | Level 3

Hello, I use Dropbox since a few weeks. I want to use it on my imac mid 2010 high Sierra. When my pc goes to standby or my screen goes to standby Dropbox stops syncing. Is there a solution for this? I can't imagine I have to keep my pc running (also my screen) to sync? If I choose for standby '' never'', and screen 15min for example my Dropbox also stops syncing... Help? 🙂

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Dropbox imac stop synching

Mark
Super User II

Hi

That is correct - your machine is in standby, so, OSx stops programs running. Thats how Apple designed the software to run. 

But, to be honest, apart from initial syncing it shouldnt cause too much of an issue. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Mark
Super User II

Hi

That is correct - your machine is in standby, so, OSx stops programs running. Thats how Apple designed the software to run. 

But, to be honest, apart from initial syncing it shouldnt cause too much of an issue. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

claww4
Explorer | Level 3

I use two macbooks which dropbox has kept synchronised fror several years.  For the past week or so neither of them have been uploading to dropbox as normal.  I have always taken this for granted, but have wasted the past few days 'upcountry' with no wifi, as I didn't have the latest versions of my files...

Daphne
Dropboxer

Hey @claww4, I just wanted to follow up with you here!

Are you still having issues with your files not syncing correctly between your devices?

If so, can you let me know a little more info such as the current sync status on those devices? Also, which version of the desktop app do you have installed?

Let me know - thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
How do you get refocussed while working from home? Do you find any of these options keep you from getting distracted?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?