cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We love to hear how every person gets the most from Dropbox, and it seems everyone has a slightly different use for it - tell us yours here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox in windows explorer

Dropbox in windows explorer

freedomgof
Explorer | Level 3

Just got a new windows 10 computer and installed the Dropbox app. However unlock my last computer, installing the Dropbox app did not put access to DropBox in my explorer. I used that frequently. Is this feature still available and if so, how do I activate it?

3 Replies 3

Re: Dropbox in windows explorer

Lori
Dropboxer
Hi @freedomgof, I hope you're doing well!

Can you let me know the status and version of the Dropbox desktop application you have installed to your device? 

Keep in mind that you should be able to click on your little Dropbox icon, then on the little folder located next to your initials or avatar.

That should open your Dropbox folder on the File Explorer. 

Let me know what you find.

Lori
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

freedomgof
Explorer | Level 3

Version is 22.4.4.0. Not sure what you mean by "status"... the link talks about files "syncing"? As for the little folder next to my initials/avitar, the app does not have an icon with my initials/avitar on it. The version of Dropbox that is installed is what came with my computer, so I'm guessing that's the problem. But I don't see an update drop box option.

Rich
Super User II

@freedomgof wrote:

Version is 22.4.4.0.

You have Dropbox for S Mode installed, which is the app from the Microsoft Store, and not the same as the full desktop app that you install from the Dropbox website. It's more like a mobile app, and does not sync files like the full app.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
    freedomgof Explorer | Level 3
    Lori Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?