cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox installed from a gold image on multiple computer now logs in the account on every computer

Dropbox installed from a gold image on multiple computer now logs in the account on every computer

girouard_d
New member | Level 2

Good day!

I have a master image I am sure nobody logged in before. Somebody added their dropbox on one of the computer and now it's being logged in on every computer (Computers are not on the domain and independent from each other).

My guess : I think when dropbox client installs, it create a unique key for that computer somehow and if that key query dropbox, it automatically logs the client. The problem is that the gold image is replicated on around 2000 computers.  

Anybody has an explanation or solution?

Thanks!

3 Replies 3

Re: Dropbox installed from a gold image on multiple computer now logs in the account on every comput

Mark
Super User II

There was a similar post on this recently and the fix was first to try and unlink the account from www.dropbox.com/home. But, I'm not sure that worked.... I think they just had to remove the account completely and tell people to ignore the error

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Re: Dropbox installed from a gold image on multiple computer now logs in the account on every comput

girouard_d
New member | Level 2

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the quick answer.

Unlinking the account will solve the issue for the currently logged in user but as soon as a new user will log into their account, it will replicate the account on all the computers.

Mark
Super User II

The only option would be to try disconnecting the account then, or, recreating the image without the rouge software (Dropbox!) on

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mark Super User II
    girouard_d New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?