cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox installer does not run on Windows 10

Dropbox installer does not run on Windows 10

navigator07
Explorer | Level 3

Dropbox isntaller just stopped working with message that it can't complete installing. 

I tried three offline version installer 69, 77 and 84.

I uninstalled and removed previous installation of dropbox from everywhere according to your guide. Still no success.

Please help me to solve this issue. Screenshot is attached. Capture.PNG

6 Replies 6

Re: Dropbox installer does not run on Windows 10

Walter
Dropboxer

Hi @navigator07; how are you today?

If I have to be honest, my Russian are kinda rusty; could you translate the exact error you get in English for me please? 

In the meantime, if you have any firewalls, antivirus programs or even a VPN/proxy setting that could be causing this, please disable them temporarily and try re-installing our desktop app, using the offline installer from the following link directly:

Let me know how this goes. Oh, and welcome to our Community :doughnut:

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

navigator07
Explorer | Level 3

Hi Walter,

The translation from Russian sounds like "It can't complete installation process. Installer Dropbox was failed to run".

I disable antivirus and checked that there is no firewall activated. Please advice if there are some logs somewhere that I can share with you? 

Walter
Dropboxer

I see. Thanks for the swift response @navigator07!

Can you try a clean, advanced re-install now and let me know if you still get the same error?

If you do, I'll need to have a look at your device's logs indeed so, also, let me know if it's OK to use the email address of your Community's profile to reach out directly.

In addition, if you don't mind me asking, on which plan are you currently on?

I'm only asking to exclude other factors here as the free, Basic plan comes with a limit to the devices you can link to your account

Thanks in advance!

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

navigator07
Explorer | Level 3

Hi Walter,

I tried clean reinstall according to link you sent.

1. I uninstall but it failed on some stage. But

2. I removed all Dropbox folders according to clean reinstall link

3. I spent 1 hour to clean all the dropbox proprties in Windows registry

4. I connected WiFi via my mobile hotspot to avoid any corporate policy blocking (URLs, ports, etc.)

5. I ran full installed.

Result is same - installation proccess is interupted. Any logs location on my PC that I can share with you?

I checked my account. It has basic plan but amount of device limitation does not ecxeed. And this Windows PC in the list of atatched devices because Dropbox worked here and I did not install it on any other devices since that time.  

And just some background for that probably give you a key for the root cause. Dropbox worked well for a while on thie PC. But sometime ago it stopped run. I added it in Startup apps and it started running on Windlows start. But after sometime it stopped. To solve the issue I decided to unstall it and ainstall again. But uninstall process failed. I was necessary to remove it manually. So probably some files somewhere missed and it prevent from installing new version. 

navigator07
Explorer | Level 3

And finally now during installation it tells me "Error 2". What does error 2 mean?

Walter
Dropboxer

I see, thanks for the additional info @navigator07.

As I'd like to have a further look into your device's logs at this point, I've just sent you a brief message to your Dropbox associated email address.

Whenever you get the chance, please take a look at your inbox and we'll take it from there.

Thanks in advance for your patience and cooperation.

PS: For more context around 'Error 2' in general, you can take a look at this discussion:

https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Installs-integrations/I-m-getting-an-error-2-when-installing-the-des...

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?