cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Dropbox integration with Gnome 3.34.2 in Ubuntu 19.10

Helpful | Level 6

Dear all 

I had to switch from Ubuntu 18.04 to Ubuntu 19.10 because of some problems with the Nvida driver (presumably). 

Anyway, the integration with the Dropbox desktop client has a bug that bothers me a lot: it's almost impossible to access the "recently changed file". When I click on this, the file list is actually displayed briefly and disappears immediately afterwards. So, it's impossible to click on any file of the list to go the corresponding folder, a feature I find  very useful . The same happens with "snooze notifications". I had the same problem with my laptop which made me go back to ubuntu 18.04. 

Any idea on this can be solved?

I'm pretty neophite in Ubuntu, btw .

18 Replies 18
Highlighted

Re: Dropbox integration with Gnome 3.34.2 in Ubuntu 19.10

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi @victordom

Thank you for reporting. I understand your Operating system was updated. In this case, it is helpful to reinstall the Dropbox desktop app and see if the experience will get better. 

Keep me posted! 

Have a nice weekend. 

Fiona
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 6

It was a clean installation. 

Thanks for your interest. 

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 6

Sorry to bother all you, but, unlike it can be read in the post, the bug is not solved 

I got the same problem, always after clean installations, in my laptop (Ubuntu 19.04) 

Highlighted

Super Collaborator | Level 20

Hi @victordom,

This is very old BUG in Dropbox and doesn't matter what Linux distribution you are using. There are many others, also (like missing icons on shared folders and so on). Take a look here and upvote if you agree.

Let's hope development will fix that, but needs some "pressure".

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Sorry to hear the issue persists. 

I can create a ticket to troubleshoot this further with you if you wish @victordom

Let me know.

Thank you! 

Fiona
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 6

OK. I hope it can help to fix this bug. 

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 6

New computer, I've installed ubuntu 19.04, waiting for ubuntu 20.04 LTS, same problem 

It's annoying, and when I think on the 140$ I'm paying every year, irritating, very irritating vokoscreen-2020-03-08_19-53-45.gif

Highlighted

Super Collaborator | Level 20

Hi @victordom,

Seems Dropbox ignore Linux users, completely. Sometimes 32-bit build behaves better, related to the menus. In this context, you can try it and see if will work for you. Could be need some compatibility libraries install (Dropbox doesn't declare them). You can try following (unlink your application in advance):

cd ~
dropbox stop
rm -rf .dropbox-dist .dropbox
wget -O - "https://www.dropbox.com/download?plat=lnx.x86" | tar xzf -
dropbox start

Here you have to link your application back. If some library is missing you will be signalled. New Dropbox folder could be created and sync starts anew. At that moment, you can pause sync and move the old folder content to the new folder, so preventing resync everything. Despite, could take some time to reindex.

If the above doesn't work for you, get back could be done using - unlink again the application and just:

rm -rf ~/.dropbox-dist ~/.dropbox

On next application start, 64-bit build will be setted up, automatically.

Good luck.

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 6

Thanks 

I'm going to wait for ubuntu 20.04 LTS. If this doesn't solve this problem, I'll consider your solution. 

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?