Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Dropbox is too much for my simple needs.

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I loved Dropbox when it was unveiled. Simple intuitive and exceedingly relevant.  I do not have multiple platforms or dozens of app builds - I'm not an IT Department. All I want to do is send large files and have them available on my devices. KISS

If you think I am a Luddite you are wrong. I have run Linux and Macs, RIM products and even coded for a time. I understand conquering the world is important (not to me). 

Perhaps, instead of considering more superusers (ugh) self-aggrandized attention seekers, you might consider your app is too complex for even good users. Chickens have been laying eggs for millennia and no one wants to re-invent the egg.

I'm sorry but your product is a tool. Tools that don't work are called useless artifacts. I'm sure you did not set out to make useless artifacts or did you morph into an unintended bias over time?  

RH

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: Dropbox is too much for my simple needs.

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey @callmeluddite, thanks for checking in with us on the Dropbox Community. 

From what I understand, you're having trouble with the desktop app, is that right?

I'd be happy to help look into any errors or behavior you're getting, I'll just need more info as to what exactly you're seeing. 

Keep me posted!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?