cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox keep synchrozing files for days

Dropbox keep synchrozing files for days

Aaron Chen
Explorer | Level 3

I have tried to restart PC, log out and log in again. but it is still synchrozing for day. written there indexing file. and the highest i see is indexing 16 files. but all my recent files are not uploaded. Please fix. thanks.

10 Replies 10

Re: Dropbox keep synchrozing files for days

Daphne
Dropboxer

Hi @Aaron Chen, thanks for reaching out to us here!

So I can have a better idea of your current set up, can you please let me know the following?

• Which version of the desktop app do you have installed?
  • Are there any errors showing in your sync status? If so, please send me an screenshot excluding any personal info.
  • What OS and version is your device running?

Let me know and we can go from there!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Aaron Chen
Explorer | Level 3
there is no error. the root folder is a green tick,  but the newly created file inside that folder is in blue synchronising symbol. 

im using wondow 7 professional service pack 1, Intel core i5-6500T xpu @2.5Ghz 8Gb ram,  64bit OS

Daphne
Dropboxer

Thanks for getting back to me @Aaron Chen!

Could you try the steps below to fix any incorrect file permissions and see if that allows the app to finish syncing?

1. Click the Dropbox icon in your system tray.
  2. Click the profile pic/initials icon in the top right of the window.
  3. Choose "Preferences..."
  4. Go to the "Account" tab.
  5. While holding the Space bar key, click "Fix Hardlinks".

If this doesn't resolve the issue, please follow the steps again and instead click "Fix permissions". The app might need to sync for a while after doing this, so please just keep an eye out for any progress.

Let me know how it goes!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Aaron Chen
Explorer | Level 3

there is no 'fix hardlink' or 'fix permission' under the account tab. 

yesterday it was indexing 64 files and today it shows indexing 65 files. my newly added/modified file is not updated. Kinda disappointed. Pleasae help

Daphne
Dropboxer

Could you try just clicking anywhere in the blank space of the "Account" tab and try holding the space bar again @Aaron Chen to see if the options show up then?

It may take a few seconds to appear the first time so please hold the space bar for a short period of time to allow the option to show.

Keep me posted!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

mhinks
Explorer | Level 3

Hi all,

I am having the same issues since it seems an update on Saturday judging by the last file sync'd. I have a support case open, and they have got me to do the same two steps as above to all devices in the sync. 

However, to get the options in the "Account" tab, try Alt-H, then they come up and stay! The Hardlinks appears to not do anything, but it is working in the backgroud and you will get a little pop up in the end.

I'm waiting for my support to be elevated to a higher tech guy to look at, but I'll be watching this thread now I find it. 

I've got the exact same things, new folders/files in sync seem to work, older folders dont. The sync speeds jump about from 5000 slowly down to 0, 2+days, but not sure anything is actually happening. Reading this thread today, it seems lots of use are all in the same boat. I'm massively dispointed with Dropbox, and I will frankly be looking for financial compensation once its sorted out, as my company is unable to function now on the third day, and staff are sat with no access. A real shame that this should happen. 

Aaron Chen
Explorer | Level 3

hi .  thanks alot. i tried to update my other devices to the latest version (not only on this computer). somehow it works for now. i didnt tried to make some changes and the sync is immediate. thanks for your help and time 🙂 have a nice day

Aaron Chen
Explorer | Level 3

hi @mhinks, i guess it is some updating or trying to sync in different version. We should not be upset for issue that happened for only once or twice unless you are using a paid version 🙂 . Cheer and stay healthy. 

Daphne
Dropboxer

I'm glad to hear that's working for you now @Aaron Chen!

If there's anything else that I can help with, please don't hesitate to get back to me here. :grin:

Thanks for joining us here too @mhinks, I'm sorry to hear about your experience with this. I saw that Walter got back to you on another thread and passed along your comments to your open ticket with the team.

If there's any other info you have on this issue I'd suggest getting back in contact with my colleague via email to keep all the relevant info in the same place.

Hope you both have a great weekend ahead!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?