cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know all about tools for creatives that work seamlessly with Dropbox, like Adobe? Well, check it out right here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox keeps closing and has removed synced files to work account

Dropbox keeps closing and has removed synced files to work account

Sivrajc
New member | Level 2

Turned laptop on, Dropbox loaded but with only my Personal account. Wont show me my Cognition work account, when i click on the dropbox icon in the bottom right hand corner it suggests linking my Cognition account (it already was). if i then try to re link it then crash's and re starts and back to square one. it then suggest reinstalling Dropbox to remove sync erors. I never had sync errors!!! Tried to reinstall. Back to square one.

Opens then closes every other minute. Now starting to affect my laptops processing speed.

I need Dropbox for work, please help find a solution

3 Replies 3

Re: Dropbox keeps closing and has removed synced files to work account

Walter
Dropboxer

Hey there @Sivrajc - sorry to hear that!

Have you tried a re-install or even an advanced re-install to try to fix this since you first got this problem?

Do you still get the same outcome? If so, could you provide me with a screenshot so I can have a better view of the matter at hand? 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

ryano234234
Explorer | Level 3

This has been happening to me for months as well.

No clue why. No resolution in sight...I hate dropbox now

Walter
Dropboxer

Sorry to hear about this @ryano234234  - could you provide some more information about this? 

By the way, have you tried any of my suggestions above (re-installing or even performing an advanced re-install)? 

If you performed these and still have the same issue, you could also try unlinking and re-linking your account to the affected device. 

Should the problem persist, please go ahead and log a ticket with our team so we can assist further with all of our tools at our disposal. You can do so from the following page:

https://www.dropbox.com/support

In any case, please keep me posted on your progress. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropboxer
    ryano234234 Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?