cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox keeps getting switched off in Win 10 'startup apps'

Dropbox keeps getting switched off in Win 10 'startup apps'

Exmoor-view
Explorer | Level 4

Dropbox used to reliably startup automatically when Win 10 started. Then few weeks ago, I noticed that it didn't; then I discovered that in Win 10 'Startup apps' listing, Dropbox was set to 'off' -- multiple times now, I have switched it back on again, and then I find it gets set to off again, when Windows restarted. Thankfully, when I notice the lack of green ticks in file manager, and click on the Dropbox tray icon, Dropbox starts up and syncs fine. Dropbox ver: 112.4.321

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Dropbox keeps getting switched off in Win 10 'startup apps'

Walter
Dropboxer
This should also be automatic @Exmoor-view; the new versions are gradually rolling out to all of our users when they come out. 

For example, on my machine, I notice this happens sometimes after I reboot or quit the app and restart it. 

In any case, I'm glad to hear this is resolved now and I'm always a post away if you have any questions!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Walter
Dropboxer
Hey there @Exmoor-view; welcome to our Community and thanks for using Dropbox!

Can you please update to the latest stable version of the app and let me know if you're still noticing this? 

Thanks!

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Exmoor-view
Explorer | Level 4

Thanks for the suggestion - I have installed that version and will monitor what happens over next few days and let you know. 

For Android phone, I have ver: 218.2.2  --  is this the latest version  --  on the Android App Store, it doesn't seem easy to see what version number is the current one?

Walter
Dropboxer
Thanks for keeping me in the loop on this @Exmoor-view.

When it comes to your Android device, it sounds like you're on the most recent version. 

You can find that in the app's description in your App Store. 

Apart from that, if there's an update for our mobile app's version, you'll get prompted to update by your Google Play Store normally. 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Exmoor-view
Explorer | Level 4

update: for PC Win 10, since installing latest version as you suggested, seems to be fine (dropbox starts eacg time I restart the PC).

I note that you said that for Android Dropbox software updates are done automatically; and am wondering why PC Win 10 updates are not (i.e. why did I have to pro-actively instal latest version)?

Thanks for your help

Walter
Dropboxer
This should also be automatic @Exmoor-view; the new versions are gradually rolling out to all of our users when they come out. 

For example, on my machine, I notice this happens sometimes after I reboot or quit the app and restart it. 

In any case, I'm glad to hear this is resolved now and I'm always a post away if you have any questions!

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Exmoor-view
Explorer | Level 4

Sadly it's happened again today (I have 113.4.507 installed) -- dropbox didn't start when I started the laptop and when I checked in Win10 settings in 'startup apps' it was switched off again.

Walter
Dropboxer
Sorry to hear that @Exmoor-view.

Can you maybe try to reinstall our desktop app and let us know if this happens again? 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropboxer
    Exmoor-view Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?