Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Dropbox no longer starts with windows

Explorer | Level 4

Lately (the last month or so) DropBox no longer starts with windows.

"Start Dropbox on system startup" is checked, and it's not disabled in startup apps windows settings (in fact it does not appear on the list of startup apps).

I re-installed and that worked for a little while, but now the problem is back.  I tried to re-install again, but this time it made no difference.

Windows 10 version 1903 (OS Build 18362.657)

Dropbox v90.4.307

dropbox.png

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Dropbox no longer starts with windows

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi @Gwillewyn; how are you today?

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with our desktop app on your computer where it fails to boot on your device's start-up. 

As our most recent stable version of the desktop app was just out yesterday (v. 91.4.548 ), I'd like you to re-install the app using the offline installer.

Let me know if you're still noticing the same behavior afterwards and we'll take it from there if needed. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

14 Replies 14
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi @Gwillewyn; how are you today?

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with our desktop app on your computer where it fails to boot on your device's start-up. 

As our most recent stable version of the desktop app was just out yesterday (v. 91.4.548 ), I'd like you to re-install the app using the offline installer.

Let me know if you're still noticing the same behavior afterwards and we'll take it from there if needed. 

Walter

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

I also have trouble with the same v. 91.4.548. Apperently the update is initiated but now it is blocked since yesterdayevening and the actuel dropboxsync will not start. I already tried to install using the offline installer but without success.

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi there @WCU123; thanks for joining our discussion.

Can you please reboot your computer and let me know if you're still notice this?

In case you do, I'd appreciate a screenshot so I can have a visual too.

On a side note, have you installed the desktop application with admin rights on the affected machine(s)?

Keep me posted on your findings and we'll take it from there.

Thanks a bunch!  

Walter

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Hello Walter, tnx for your followup.

I already tried reboot, install previous version (which automatically wants to update to the laste 'stable' version), deactivating everything of security, etc. If I look at the history of stable updates, my problems started exactly when 91.4.548 was declared stable. Since Wednesday evening (36 hours ago) my Dropbox is blocked at 'one-time update'. 

Can you roundup what exactly has to be done with this issue in case of WINDOWS 10?

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

This looks like it might have  fixed it.

I'll give it another day or two to test before marking as solved.

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi @WCU123 & @Gwillewyn; happy Monday!

I'm sorry for the late reply; can you both let me know if you're still having issues with this?

Walter

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

False alarm.  It worked a few days, but now it's not starting with Windows again.

Windows 10 v1909 (OS Build 18363.657)

Dropbox v91.4.548

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

My Dropbox v91.4.548 (upgraded) suffers from its previous version (even 2 versions before current). Even despite being shotcuted in Startup folder in Start Menu of Windows Server 2008 R2, it disappears after some days next.

I trace (track and follow) the events and found that the Dropbox Service (DbxSvc.exe) still runs while there are 2 new processes of Dropbox Update Service are running, too. In this case, the DropboxUI is not. So, I guess that the update process(es) might cause. Please advise me further. Thank you.

Collaborator | Level 10

@Gwillewyn wrote:

"Start Dropbox on system startup" is checked, and it's not disabled in startup apps windows settings (in fact it does not appear on the list of startup apps).

To say its not disabled but then say its not present, is a fasle positive.

The app should always be in the startup group even if you have selected to not start it.

The app is always launched and then checks its internal setting, sees its not ment to launch and shuts down.

Being missing from startup is the issue.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Need more support?