cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox not fully syncing on PC

Dropbox not fully syncing on PC

Harrie V.
Explorer | Level 3

I have a Dropbox syncing issue on my PC.

Dropbox icon is visible in the windows tray, but with the blue sync marc visible for days.

Dropbox version is 71.4.108

Windows version is windows 10, latest version.

To solve the issue I did do the following

• I restarted my computer, which did not help.
  • I checked settings. There is no selectively syncing set
  • I re-installed Dropbox
    Result: After re-installation Dropbox started syncing, but stopped after a while, not fully synced. 9676 files to sync. Syncing time changed to ‘100+ days’. In the Dropbox map, some files/maps do have the green ready mark, but most of them are not marked
  • I did do the bad file check, which did not reveal any file naming issue
  • I cleared the Dropbox cache folder and restarted Dropbox. No result.

I have Dropbox on my cell as well, where is works correctly

What to do to solve?

Thanks for helping.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Dropbox not fully syncing on PC

Walter
Dropboxer

Thanks for the additional information Harrie - most appreciated.

Can you change the upload limit to no-limit too and see how it goes? 

If this doesn't help, at this point, I'd suggest a clean, advanced re-install to try to tackle this issue.

Should the problem persist, please go ahead and log a ticket with our team so we can help with all of our tools available. You can do this from the following page if needed: 

https://www.dropbox.com/support

Keep me posted!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

28 Replies 28

Walter
Dropboxer

Hey there @Harrie V.  - sorry for the tardy response; are you still having issues with this?

If you do, could you please change your bandwidth settings and let me know if the problem persists?

If it does, would you send me the exact status of the app at the moment? 

Spoiler

You can always look at the Dropbox icon in your taskbar (Windows) or menu bar (Mac) and see if it is done syncing. When Dropbox is fully synced then you should see a tick followed by the words “Up to date” on the menu.

If you do not see this then can you please let me know what the message being displayed reads?

Thanks!

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Harrie V.
Explorer | Level 3

Walter

Thanks for reply and help. The issue did not change.

Bandwidth settings are as follows. Download: no limit, Upload: automatically, LAN sync is on

Status is: syncing in progress. If I open the Dropbox window it mentions: Syncing 9676 files (translated from Dutch to English). Sometimes followed by: Syncing time 100+ days. The number does not change. It seems if syncing is frozen halfway.

In the dropbox folder a few folders/files have the green synced mark, most of them have not.

There was a message that I had to reinstall the dropbox tool to solve syncing issues. I did, but nothing changed.

Harrie

Walter
Dropboxer

Thanks for the additional information Harrie - most appreciated.

Can you change the upload limit to no-limit too and see how it goes? 

If this doesn't help, at this point, I'd suggest a clean, advanced re-install to try to tackle this issue.

Should the problem persist, please go ahead and log a ticket with our team so we can help with all of our tools available. You can do this from the following page if needed: 

https://www.dropbox.com/support

Keep me posted!

Walter
dropbox.com/support

View solution in original post

problems with syncing

npilihos
Explorer | Level 3

Hi. 

I have the same problem with Harrie https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Syncing-and-uploads/Dropbox-not-fully-syncing-on-PC/m-p/342791#M5171...

Even that I didn't change any file, my dropbox needs 100+ day for syncing 2057 files in my pc. 

My laptop does not have any problems.

Please help me!!! 

Re: problems with syncing

Walter
Dropboxer

Hey there @npilihos  - sorry to hear that!

Could you share your app's current status? To do this, please take a look at the Dropbox icon in your taskbar (Windows) or menu bar (Mac) and see if it is done syncing. When Dropbox is fully synced then you should see a tick followed by the words “Up to date” on the menu. 

If you do not see this then can you please let me know what the exact message being displayed reads?

Also, have you tried re-installing or changing your bandwidth settings to try to fix this? 

Any additional information will be much appreciated!

@Harrie V. : Do you happen to have any updates on this? 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

npilihos
Explorer | Level 3

I have tried to reinstalling the program, and changed the bandwidth settings but nothing happened for good. I wonder if it is something in the registry for example that makes the program stucked. Otherwise why in my laptop works fine? I am going to unistall the program again, restart my pc and reinstall it..Screenshot 2019-05-08 14.38.01.pngScreenshot 2019-05-08 14.09.28.png

Walter
Dropboxer

Thanks for the additional info @npilihos  - much appreciated!

Before you proceed with re-installing, could you please let me know for how long has it been syncing the same amount of files? 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

npilihos
Explorer | Level 3

The last time i used my pc was in 23th April. 
Then i was using my laptop with the same dropbox files and added about 30 small files via my laptop. My laptop syncronized within 2 minutes. When I came back to my pc i saw this problem. I have to mention that my pc works all the time (24/7) and I am using it sometimes via remote desktop.

Also the most files are already syncronized, but 2058 dont.

Walter
Dropboxer

Could you perform a hard-reboot and let me know if this persists @npilihos?

If it does, you can go ahead and re-install too.

Keep me in the loop please!

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?